Windass really looking good

Guest Grandad

Guest Mcguigan
8 hours ago, theowlsman said:

What about his season before that and the two after? 15 goals in three seasons.

Whilst I believe we have a good player and there is more to come from Windass, he still has a lot to prove at this level.

Let’s try keep some perspective on this. One decent season for Rangers in a league that’s a level below the Championship in all fairness, is typical YouTube compilation material but not an accurate reflection of his goal scoring prowess as a whole in his career.

Working with Beattie and being played in the right position will benefit him massively this season.

How people turned their nose up on this signing is beyond me he’s a real live wire 

thought we played excellent yesterday and then windass came on and looked a cut above and stepped us up

hes full of energy runs with power always looking to be positive and works his frolocks off

really like him. Think he will smash 15 goals this year 

• Like 4

Very impressive so far. 

Looks greedy. Harnessed carefully greed in a striker is a very good trait. Allowed to hog all the half-chances he will frustrate team-mates. 

I’m quickly becoming a convert. Did not see him as a striker.

10 hours ago, OrlandoUnTrustful said:

Can I remind everyone we have beaten Rochdale. Not Real Madrid.

Shhh 

We have to overhype the players 

Like vanAken was 

Then we realise he's gash after 6 games 

Are you new on here? 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Grandad said:

Not sure what's happened but he's totally different to last year

Is it Beattie? Or the permanent move?

Looking like a case of who will partner him. 

Just watched his Rangers goals and there’s quite a few where he doesn’t think and goes for goal which buys into the Beattie coaching of shoot in site and take less touches.

9 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Very impressive so far. 

Looks greedy. Harnessed carefully greed in a striker is a very good trait. Allowed to hog all the half-chances he will frustrate team-mates. 

I’m quickly becoming a convert. Did not see him as a striker.

Didn’t look too greedy when he squared it for reach to hit the bar. FF would have had a shot from there instead.

19 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

What was wrong with him last season?  Thought he was one of the few highlights.

I think all the 3 players who came in on loan suffered badly because the squad we had at the time had given in. Even the good players like Bannan were way below their normal level. It wasn't that they were awful individually necessarily in every game but there was no 'team' about us we were just 11 players who looked like they had never met before they walked on to the pitch. Monk look like he'd tried his best but realised he had no hope of changing things as they stood so he was just trying to survive until the end of the season then try with some new blood in the team.

This season so far we look like a team, probably the first time in 3 years apart from odd games. We've always been poor against teams at the bottom and played welll against the top sides. Now we look like we don't give a monkeys who they are we are going to play our game and find a way to win.

It's very early days but yesterday there was an arrogance about us that I have only seen around top teams. Like we expect to win and we are going to do so by being stronger, faster and more clinical than the other team. I like what I'm seeing, I've no idea how long it will last. Saturday will be a good test, interesting to see if we win, more importantly how we win. I'm also interested in how we deal with our inevitable first defeat, will it 'burst our bubble' or will we just pick up ourselves up and go again. That's the hallmark of a great team.

We still need a few more pieces to round out the squad.

• Like 3

Just now, prowl said:

I think all the 3 players who came in on loan suffered badly because the squad we had at the time had given in. Even the good players like Bannan were way below their normal level. It wasn't that they were awful individually necessarily in every game but there was no 'team' about us we were just 11 players who looked like they had never met before they walked on to the pitch. Monk look like he'd tried his best but realised he had no hope of changing things as they stood so he was just trying to survive until the end of the season then try with some new blood in the team.

This season so far we look like a team, probably the first time in 3 years apart from odd games. We've always been poor against teams at the bottom and played welll against the top sides. Now we look like we don't give a monkeys who they are we are going to play our game and find a way to win.

It's very early days but yesterday there was an arrogance about us that I have only seen around top teams. Like we expect to win and we are going to do so by being stronger, faster and more clinical than the other team. I like what I'm seeing, I've no idea how long it will last. Saturday will be a good test, interesting to see if we win, more importantly how we win. I'm also interested in how we deal with our inevitable first defeat, will it 'burst our bubble' or will we just pick up ourselves up and go again. That's the hallmark of a great team.

We still need a few more pieces to round out the squad.

Good point about how we react after our first loss, Monks mettle will be tested when that happens as the social media fans have no patience. 

I agree so far I like what I see especially last night by some the younger end, played with an ease and a bit of freedom.

I just thought whilst Windass wasn't outstanding he was one of few bright spots last season even though for some reason still not convinced that he's a natural goal scorer but no arguing with goal scoring record for us.

Interesting times.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, The Night-Owl said:

Seems to be a good fit. He clearly likes it here and wanted to rejoin. He seemed to have something about him at Accrington and Rangers, lost his way for whatever reasons at Wigan but hopefully he's found the right home now to fulfill that eye catching potential he showed at Accrington Stanley and Rangers. 

Not really sure why he went from Rangers to Wigan of all places tbh. Thought he was quality at Rangers, I guess some clubs suit players differently. He was probably too big for them but he’ll be more at home with the MASSIVE. 

• Like 1