Hunt, Dele and Shaw

2 minutes ago, fingyfop said:

Hunt Man of the Match for me, great little player, really pulled the strings tonight, very busy.

Agreed. All over the pitch and so accurate with the one touch passes. Bannan’s taken him under his wing apparently, and it’s already showing in his play. Tremendous prospect for us.

Hunt is a classy performer. Excited about him. He's looked good whenever he's played, but I felt tonight, he seemed to thrive under the increased expectation of him. He's often played alongside Bannan, or other experienced pros. Today, he seemed to relish been the main man in midfield.

And Dele-Bashiru...TANK. I was disappointed with his debut against Walsall, but he looked formidable at times tonight. On numerous occasions, he ran past players like they weren't there, and shrugged challenges off like he was playing an Under 18's side. Very impressive physically.

Thought the back three looked composed and comfortable throughout. The fact Shaw is naturally a midfielder, wouldn't be noticed on tonights performance. Couple of errors, but on the whole, a very accomplished display. Brennan also.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CalmJimmers said:

Finally looking like we are getting our head around youth players and development a bit more. 

Well done Steve Haslam and Monk for putting some faith into them. Maybe Shaw & Hunt can get a loan out to League 1 or 2 this year and get consistent games at a decent level. 

Hunt will be needed for the first team for sure. Maybe loan Shaw to someone until Christmas and then reassess.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CalmJimmers said:

Finally looking like we are getting our head around youth players and development a bit more. 

Well done Steve Haslam and Monk for putting some faith into them. Maybe Shaw & Hunt can get a loan out to League 1 or 2 this year and get consistent games at a decent level. 

I think there is plenty of opportunity for game time with us this season. 

Shaw is a little bit behind in his development, but based on tonight, Hunt looks like he can push for a first team place.

• Like 1

They all did extremely well and have come on a great deal since previous games. 

Thought Brennan did really well until he got tired in last 15 minutes when made a couple of errors. Monk replaced him at the right time but he played very well in first half.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
10 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

No not fair 

odd job was on the left and he just has not got a left peg but battled hard 

Brennan was on the hold very good just a couple of lapses but for his debut very encouraging 

Ok mate. Like I said, hard to tell on the Wireless.

I'm excited.

I thought to a man they all played like they were:

A) Relishing the step up in their development and fully prepared to show they can be relied on for the next round

Or

B) Ready to take advantage of the opportunity to put themselves in the first team plans for the weekend.

There wasn't even a whiff of a seasoned pro resentful of the fact they had to turn out against bloody Rochdale in the bloody Mickey Mouse Cup, which is something we've all too regularly had in previous years.

It looked like everyone was in it together.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, striker said:

I think there is plenty of opportunity for game time with us this season. 

Shaw is a little bit behind in his development, but based on tonight, Hunt looks like he can push for a first team place.

I'd like to see them get game time week in and out - silly as it sounds Covid might make young players consider staying put to be nearer to family. 

Chuff it, we're always very cautious with our younger players, nothing to lose this year starting on minus points, let's chuck them in and back them when they get on the pitch. 

• Like 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl
12 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

Really like the look of all 3. Think all will play a part this season. I think Hunts problem could be he’s probably competing with Bannan for a place.

Hopefully Bannan stays for an extra season after this one then Hunt will probably be ready.

I’ve always known Shaw as a midfielder, but don’t think he looked out of place tonight ,  ready for the championship ?potentially not but there’s a definitely a good player there 

Brennan , tonight is the first proper look at him for me , he made a couple of errors but I think on the whole had a great debut, think Dom Howson has him down as pick of the bunch 

Alex Hunt looks ready for the first team,  that kids a player , impressive tonight and I think MOM for me