Palmer’s crossing

Crossing has generally been poor but looked fantastic tonight, put in 3 or 4 really good balls.

Wasn't sure he could play as a wing back, but if he keeps up his crossing like that he can do a decent job.

Definitely looks like he's been working on it - always been a weakness in his game.

He was afforded a lot of space today - but in the past when he's had that space he's not used it well enough.

I think Palmer right hand side, Harris left is probably our best wingback partnership currently. 

Nothing against Penney - I just still think he's got a bit to learn defensively. 

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Why do Wednesday fans ALWAYS say this after someone at Wednesday did something good?

It's such a little village mentality

It's the equivalent of two old women gossiping in the local post office about Sharon who won the lottery and has chosen to buy a bigger house outside of the village

"ooooh have you heard what she's done? not good enough are we? I heard she doesn't wash her hair for about a week you know"

To be fair it is literally nothing like that 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Palmers all round game as come on significantly in last couple of years.

He was always better defensively but started to improve going forward and tonight he did really well. The aerial cros for Kachunga was excellent and the one along the ground for Windass was superb. Any defence would have struggled with them.

Looked competent all evening but so did most of team.

26 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Why do Wednesday fans ALWAYS say this after someone at Wednesday did something good?

It's such a little village mentality

It's the equivalent of two old women gossiping in the local post office about Sharon who won the lottery and has chosen to buy a bigger house outside of the village

"ooooh have you heard what she's done? not good enough are we? I heard she doesn't wash her hair for about a week you know"

No it's more like why do people ignore what they've seen the last 8 years lol