What’s going on? You can usually go a whole season without seeing one. 

But we’ve had Iorfa at the weekend and Börner tonight getting blown up for one (and getting away with a few more). 

Why?

Do we need Liverpool’s throw in coach?

3 minutes ago, beloved_aunt said:

Centre backs don’t usually take throws, pretty much never if you’ve played your career in a back four. So they might be out of practice. 

But still. Seriously. It’s not hard. 

Come on! I've never played as a professional but I can GUARANTEE I could take every Wednesday throw in this season and not get one foul throw given against me.

• Like 1

I’ve just put a tenner on 500 foul throws this season and Wigan to be relegated.

43 minutes ago, beloved_aunt said:

What’s going on? You can usually go a whole season without seeing one. 

But we’ve had Iorfa at the weekend and Börner tonight getting blown up for one (and getting away with a few more). 

Why?

Do we need Liverpool’s throw in coach?

Get rory delap in

1 hour ago, steelerian said:

Quite ridiculous isn't it.

Not really keep your feet on the ground and make sure the ball is delivered from behind your head. Referees have let too much slide in the past and they are right to enforce the err rules

• Like 1

It usually goes on a lot more in all games previously and not picked up on. I’ve seen it creeping in for a number of years now, both that as well as stealing yards and feet well over the line. Could well be a directive given at the start of the season to officials to clamp down more on.

• Thanks 1

Think club should fine any player who does a foul throw....just for the stupidly. It's not as if it is under 7s football.

It's on a par with going to work and hoping your shoe laces don't come undone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Harrysgame said:

Think club should fine any player who does a foul throw....just for the stupidly. It's not as if it is under 7s football.

It's on a par with going to work and hoping your shoe laces don't come undone.

I’m pretty sure they do actually. 

10 hours ago, bobbycraig said:

We have been crap at throw ins for some time, we always seem to lose possession from our throws. Needs some work, Garry!

Get Tommy Spurr in

When I played  village green footy the refs were usually well meaning but inept. The only transgression that they would pull you up on was a foul throw... they would stand there mimicking a throw whilst lifting one of their legs up behind them. Decapitation of the opposition would largely go unnoticed. 
Last season our throw in’s were so tragic that I began to think that some of our players had taken a bung....they would simply lob it to the opposition !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1