George Hirst @ Rotherham

On 16/09/2020 at 21:08, Colinwestzicoest said:

but he could have signed for Barnsley. 

No he couldn’t, lester are a nightmare to loan from. He’ll be leaving Rotherham before the agreed date, probably 4 months before, for absolutely no reason what so ever. Pointless signing From RUFC. by the time he’s up to speed heading into the second half of the season they’ll recall him. 

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

If I said you had an agenda on this and came out with it does that make ME right then?

lol

The only person who has an agenda here is you. 

You’re defending a player who completely disrespected and fooked the club over. The evidence is literally there for all to see. Even Rob Staton knows it and made a point of questioning George about it - because EVERYONE in football knows what went down was dodgy.  

lol

24 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

The chairman gave a detailed account in a Q&A.

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2017/december/ask-the-chairman---part-13/

Don't think I've read that before. Thanks.

If that's taken at face value it seems to make sense and looks like the club were in a no win situation.

At the end of the day this kind of thing will happen a lot when a young player develops to a point where their value exceeds that of their peers. 

Don't blame the Hirst's for looking ro maximise George's wages,. Don't blame the club formal refusing to meet the demands.

The bit that's wrong is the manipulation of the system to allow Leicester to pick him up for less than his market value, but if they haven't broken any rules what can you do?

55 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

The only person who has an agenda here is you. 

You’re defending a player who completely disrespected and fooked the club over.

Again with the agenda when the actual truth is that you have absolutely no idea what  happened other than one side of the story

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, DlNGLE said:

No he couldn’t, lester are a nightmare to loan from. He’ll be leaving Rotherham before the agreed date, probably 4 months before, for absolutely no reason what so ever. Pointless signing From RUFC. by the time he’s up to speed heading into the second half of the season they’ll recall him. 

Why will they recall him?  Do they have a habit of doing this and if so what is the motive?

Don’t blame his attitude tbh. Imagine signing for a club and the first questions are about something that happened years ago with a completely different club. I’d be a bit irritated too.

Hes obviously pissed off at the club for a reason, it’s not based off thin air, so who are we to say he’s in the wrong without all the facts? 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Again with the agenda when the actual truth is that you have absolutely no idea what  happened other than one side of the story

The absolute irony when you are the first to point the finger at Carlos, Hutchinson, Westwood and co without knowing the full story. 

It’s completely lost on you.

lol

7 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Don’t blame his attitude tbh. Imagine signing for a club and the first questions are about something that happened years ago with a completely different club. I’d be a bit irritated too.

Hes obviously pissed off at the club for a reason, it’s not based off thin air, so who are we to say he’s in the wrong without all the facts? 

I'm not sure anyone is cross with Hirst himself. Some of us are irritated that exploitation of a loophole denied us a legitimate fee.

At the same time, most would think the club handled this badly. We could and should have sold earlier - but if we weren't going to do that, isolating HIrst from the squad was not in our interests, and not in his. It was poor decision making by Chansiri.

At the same time again, we were right not to concede wage demands that for us were off the scale. And on all the evidence available, he wasn't at the time a realistic first team contender at this level.

• Like 2