George Hirst @ Rotherham

Guest Therealrealist
3 hours ago, Grandad said:

3 goals in 22 in one season in Belgium??

It's not impressive

But better than Kachungas career record :ph34r:

Is it? Didnt kachunga score 19 in udders promotion season 3 years ago? I must have forgot all the senior goals hirst has scored🤔

3 hours ago, oldtawnyowl said:

Didn't Hirst senior say that he would set the record straight and tell us their version of the story

once George's contract with the club was at an end?

Still waiting............:wacko:

No one's willing to pay the £££ he'd like to receive for the story :duntmatter:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

We gave our version of events. All seems reasonable from our end.

Hirst camp have had their chance to have their say. Not said a word. 

Speaks volumes. 

I see what you mean

That must make every player with a grievance against a former club (and there are MANY) that doesn't speak out ALSO in the wrong then?

Owlstalk Shop

55 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Ah didn't know that

What do you know?

More to the point - what do you know? You imply that you know more, yet make no effort to substantiate your position.

What we ALL do know is that Chansiri told us what he knows. There isn’t “another side” to this story until it is made and substantiated. Hirst senior was going to spill the beans, and for 2 years there’s been nothing.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

That literally makes NO sense

It makes perfect sense. Unless and until “we” are told of any other substantiated facts in this matter, then the “other side” has no provenance.

How about answering my first question - what do you know? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 2hoots said:

It makes perfect sense. Unless and until “we” are told of any other substantiated facts in this matter, then the “other side” has no provenance. 

How many other players currently playing professional football have aired their grievances in public though?

Pretty much none

Despite there being hundreds/thousands of players out there with serious grievances about their previous clubs/people at their previous clubs

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

How many other players currently playing professional football have aired their grievances in public though?

Pretty much none

Despite there being hundreds/thousands of players out there with serious grievances about their previous clubs/people at their previous clubs

Irrelevant.

I could just as easily turn it on it’s head and ask how many clubs, managers, coaches, other players, club employees etc. have serious grievances about current/former players, and don’t air them?

Fact is, unless these “supposed grievances” are aired, then they just as well might not exist, and indeed they may not. Hirst senior was going to tell all, and we’re still waiting.

In the Hirst case we have only one set of substantiated facts - those given by the Chairman. “There is another side to the story” is meaningless when that “other side”  is not made. I would suspect and expect that the Chairman can substantiate everything he has said.

Still no answer to what do you know?

• Like 1

Just now, 2hoots said:

Irrelevant. 

How can it be irrelevant?

We have a player who obviously has a real grievance about the club but hasn't spoken out about it

Nor have thousands of other players in a similar position

It's the very definition of 'relevant' when it comes to this thread and you saying the Chansiri's side of it must be the right one because George Hirst hasn't spoken out about it

Owlstalk Shop

7 hours ago, bobness said:

Are we going to have 475 more pages of this? 

2vdri1.gif

it will be closer to 40,475 more pages, if you factor in all the threads we are going to get until the day he retires.  lol

And when he does retire, it still won't be the end of it. i2WDuUAQbi4eNFx7O6f3_Button_Press_Fight.gif.9dd3a68fcae37116fe6d68443a4fe6db.gif.a333b577006e9bc1b6e1cef26d24a63b.gif

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It's the very definition of 'relevant' when it comes to this thread and you saying the Chansiri's side of it must be the right one because George Hirst hasn't spoken out about it

Where have I said that what Chansiri said is the”right side”? It is the ONLY side!

What other players may have said and done is TOTALLY irrelevant. In 2 years there has only been one set of facts in this matter - and I’m sure that every single one of them can be substantiated by the club.

George Hirst or his camp saying “I have a grievance” without specifying it means absolutely the square root of sweet FA. Especially when he uses his so-called grievance to purposefully manoeuvre the club out of tens of thousands of pounds.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 2hoots said:

Where have I said that what Chansiri said is the”right side”? It is the ONLY side!

What other players may have said and done is TOTALLY irrelevant. In 2 years there has only been one set of facts in this matter - and I’m sure that every single one of them can be substantiated by the club.

George Hirst or his camp saying “I have a grievance” without specifying it means absolutely the square root of sweet FA. Especially when he uses his so-called grievance to purposefully manoeuvre the club out of tens of thousands of pounds.

OK mate 👍

Owlstalk Shop

8 minutes ago, 2hoots said:

Ok 👍. We’re never going to agree, but you do yourself no service by arguing a point that cannot be made, unless and until more evidence Is put on the table.

Ok 👍. We’re never going to agree, but you do yourself no service by arguing a point that cannot be made

Owlstalk Shop