Jump to content

EFL green light spectators this weekend


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

 

If bars are closed the club wouldn't receive any revenue. Multi season ticket monies will be already spent so the only thing the club could do is lose money by paying staffing costs. I suppose the only incentive would be that if having 1000 supporters proves to have no adverse effect, the numbers could be gradually raised until normal capacity could be reached.

 

There's argument of investing in maintaining habits and patterns, even if there isn't an immediate return. For example, with some materials recycling is a wasted exercise (it costs more to recycle than to bin, and often recyclables are binned by the recycling-plant anyway), yet recycling programmes and governments are still maintaining a position that such things should be recycled. The fear is that reeducation (for when recycling starts making sense again) would end up costing more. It's a long term play.

 

Similarly, the longer football fans are kept away, the harder it might be getting them to return.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bobness said:

 

There's argument of investing in maintaining habits and patterns, even if there isn't an immediate return. For example, with some materials recycling is a wasted exercise (it costs more to recycle than to bin, and often recyclables are binned by the recycling-plant anyway), yet recycling programmes and governments are still maintaining a position that such things should be recycled. The fear is that reeducation (for when recycling starts making sense again) would end up costing more. It's a long term play.

 

Similarly, the longer football fans are kept away, the harder it might be getting them to return.

 

I agree with the concept but I think a lot of clubs maybe can't afford to open up for just 1000 fans. Could even possibly be a quicker road to administration for some.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hookowl said:

 

I agree with the concept but I think a lot of clubs maybe can't afford to open up for just 1000 fans. Could even possibly be a quicker road to administration for some.

 

Everyone on negative 12 points then? Sounds like a good thing.

we.are.going.up

 

:Chansiri:

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kew Owl said:

So perhaps you could kindly enlighten us which numbers specifically are “bullshit” and, if possible, provide us with a link to where we can locate and review the correct numbers.

 

Many thanks in advance

You mean the fact that if you have had Covid, are asymptotic but then trampled to death by Billy Sharp 2 months later... your death is recorded as Covid-19.

 

Or the fact that now we are barely recording any deaths.

 

Or that testing is at multiples of what was being tested in March-June.

 

Or that testing is concentrated in areas with a higher prevalence of the virus. 
 

If you look beyond BBC/SKY you’ll see many studies backing up the above. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Ferkorf
2 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

Well, no it isn't 45k any more... officially it's about 41,637, but I'm guessing that isn't suitably low enough so you'll say it isn't that too.

I suppose if you "can't" tell me what the number is, you can at the very least explain why a figure of ~42,000 is wrong?

 

Now you are making stuff up ??

All I said was it is not 45k as the original post suggested.

Im not going to say it is or isnt 41,636 as I don't have an agenda.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NorthernOwl said:

 

Its the govt and their scientific advisors that are scared. And I'm pretty sure that has nothing to do with anything the media is doing. 

 

 

 

 

Yep, they’re scared to death of the media, and what will happen to their reputation IF there’s a fatal second wave. Extra deaths from missed surgery, suicides etc won’t be as politically sensitive. This is why I blame the media though. They’ve whipped up the fear in the country and left the govt in a no-win situation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, A12owl said:

Just had a thought. West Ham supporters are the worst offenders for breaking Covid rules.

They are forever blowing bubbles 

Is that how Michael Jackson died? :ph34r:

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Really cont get this, Sheffield is an area of concern but let's encourage a 1000 extra people to attend a location.

Yes I miss the football but multiply this by all the league clubs and surely their will be an effect.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not just where they spread the sitting fans. There is the access. 

Whatever doors have to be passed. 

Toilets. 

Will everything be cleaned before anybody else passes through? 

Leaving the ground by the same exits. 

Passing in the concourse or wherever access to seats are. 

I know pubs allow people to be close together but it doesn't mean it's right. 

Think about the NHS. 

Would it be fair to put them under the same pressure they were under earlier in the year. It would be interesting to hear the opinions of some front line NHS workers. 

The NHS has gone through enough this year and has lost many of their own. 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NorthernOwl said:

 

Yes their restrictions are looser than here it's true but they still exist. You can easily google the official guidance and rules if you are interested. 

So someone in Sweden says it's getting Cold while his cousin in Eritrea says it's Hot here. Different places, different temperatures !

 

What a surprise that different conditions exist throughout the world.

 

Lock down early and Lock down often. Life trumps business every day of the week !  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NorthernOwl said:

 

 

Come on enlighten me. Here is your opportunity to educate. Don't pass it up!

 

I suspect I will be waiting a long time.....

First if all, you took the brunt of my annoyance on this so sorry. We’ve had journalists claiming exponential growth for the last month or so every time we get an increase in cases reported even though R was below 1 and the increase in cases was purely down to increased testing - so sorry about that.

 

However, covid never has and never will be exponential (like measles is for instance). To the layman, I was being pedantic.
 

It is a mistake that even the scientists and modellers that we’ve based our whole policy on are making.

 

They’ve all assumed that with a rate above 1 and a constant death rate that the disease will race through the population infecting most of us and killing huge numbers of us (500,000 of us according to the clown Ferguson).

 

That has never happened anywhere for any coronavirus.

 

Every time, in every country, regardless of measures taken it grows exponentially for 2-3 weeks then the growth slows before case numbers fall and it turns sub-exponential.

 

Where as with measles it would continue to grow until nearly everybody had been infected.

 

Now you’ll all say what does some sad statto know but I bet I’m right. By the 7th October (probably before), no matter what action is taken or not taken the R rate will be falling and the number of cases will start to fall.

 

Its happened in every country every time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

First if all, you took the brunt of my annoyance on this so sorry. We’ve had journalists claiming exponential growth for the last month or so every time we get an increase in cases reported even though R was below 1 and the increase in cases was purely down to increased testing - so sorry about that.

 

However, covid never has and never will be exponential (like measles is for instance). To the layman, I was being pedantic.
 

It is a mistake that even the scientists and modellers that we’ve based our whole policy on are making.

 

They’ve all assumed that with a rate above 1 and a constant death rate that the disease will race through the population infecting most of us and killing huge numbers of us (500,000 of us according to the clown Ferguson).

 

That has never happened anywhere for any coronavirus.

 

Every time, in every country, regardless of measures taken it grows exponentially for 2-3 weeks then the growth slows before case numbers fall and it turns sub-exponential.

 

Where as with measles it would continue to grow until nearly everybody had been infected.

 

Now you’ll all say what does some sad statto know but I bet I’m right. By the 7th October (probably before), no matter what action is taken or not taken the R rate will be falling and the number of cases will start to fall.

 

Its happened in every country every time.

 

No worries I'm genuinely interested in hearing peoples opinions when they are based on sound reason. Thanks for taking the time to explain your thoughts.

 

All I can say is I hope you are right. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

So someone in Sweden says it's getting Cold while his cousin in Eritrea says it's Hot here. Different places, different temperatures !

 

What a surprise that different conditions exist throughout the world.

 

Lock down early and Lock down often. Life trumps business every day of the week !  

 

Not sure why you are quoting me here......

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, A12owl said:

Stupid decision. But then we are talking EFL. 

Infection rate on the increase by massive amounts. "R" rate supposedly well above 1.

Gatherings reduced to 6. 

What are they thinking. Probably not thinking at all. 

Madness. 

In old money(allegedly of course)_£sd?...

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SwellOwl said:

1,000 spectators you can social distance. However, I can’t see many clubs backing this - once they covered the cost of stewards, bar staff etc, it will be at a loss.

 

I suggest wait till we can allow substantial amount of people returning. 

 

I suppose it's a case of one step at a time and a learning curve for the clubs. When it's shown that 1,000 spectators can be accommodated safely, the next game could be 2,000, then 5,000 and so on, building up to the third of capacity which I think will be the maximum allowed for a while.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...