EFL green light spectators this weekend

3 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Weren't there over 2m people shielding for 12 weeks during lockdown. The most vulnerable. Agreed not a majority but still an awful lot of people 

Not sure. 

Totally get the decisions initially - and I wouldn't have like to been faced with the decision - but now we know a lot more about the virus and those who are most vulnerable, we should be creating policies to get things back to how they were, including letting fans back into football grounds. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, AwokenGiant said:

Sweden didn't!

True but it was only an option due to their low density population. 

Even then their death rate was 10 times that of comparable nations.

In crowded England it's a completely different story.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just had a thought. West Ham supporters are the worst offenders for breaking Covid rules.

They are forever blowing bubbles 

1 minute ago, NorthernOwl said:

True but it was only an option due to their low density population. 

Even then their death rate was 10 times that of comparable nations.

In crowded England it's a completely different story.

No second wave and economic problems though. 

11 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

The PL are lobbying HMG to let people back in to stadia - the EFL are probably piggy backing this. Clubs are warning people that they will cease to exist if they can't get people back in the grounds.

There was a Premier League spokesman on last week moaning that Premier League clubs have lost about £750m due to the pandemic & they need crowds back into stadiums to survive.  It's not stopped them committing to probably over that amount in transfer fees this summer, a decent amount of which will go to clubs abroad.

• Like 1
Just now, A12owl said:

Just had a thought. West Ham supporters are the worst offenders for breaking Covid rules.

They are forever blowing bubbles 

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Like 1
Just now, mogbad said:

There was a Premier League spokesman on last week moaning that Premier League clubs have lost about £750m due to the pandemic & they need crowds back into stadiums to survive.  It's not stopped them committing to probably over that amount in transfer fees this summer, a decent amount of which will go to clubs abroad.

Great point. If they are losing as much as quoted then how can they afford the numerous huge fees? 

2 minutes ago, mogbad said:

I think that's a load of nonsense. I remember when they signed the latest TV deal, it was widely reported all clubs could let fans in for free for a season and they'd still be better off than under the old deal. I imagine sponsors are queuing up to have banners in the empty seats too.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

What’s one of those?:ph34r:

Yeah I suppose with just 1 win in the last 12 at home it's not particularly advantageous for us 😃

I do think we have to start making steps to get fans back safely and soon. If we don't a lot of EFL clubs will go to the wall.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Carbone said:

I think that's a load of nonsense. I remember when they signed the latest TV deal, it was widely reported all clubs could let fans in for free for a season and they'd still be better off than under the old deal. I imagine sponsors are queuing up to have banners in the empty seats too.

Loads of Premier teams don’t actually need supporters.  It would be more viable to play behind closed doors when you weigh up costs versus TV monies received.

Just now, sonofbert2 said:

Loads of Premier teams don’t actually need supporters.  It would be more viable to play behind closed doors when you weigh up costs versus TV monies received.

You can probably say that 3 of the top teams don't need fans but the biggest club in the land (Man Utd) has already stated they need fans back in the ground to make money

2 minutes ago, Carbone said:

I agree, if they were struggling they wouldn't be able to afford the transfer fees & contracts. Frankly since the pandemic began I've found a lot of what's come out of the EPL, EFL & PFA to be nonsense.

just got email fro the club

Dear Season Ticket Holder  

Thank you for your continued support and patience during what has been and continues to be an extremely challenging time for everyone connected to our Club.

We appreciate that the home season is about to commence and whilst Government guidance is changing frequently, we still have no definitive return date for fans to Hillsborough. However, we have compiled a comprehensive information article in the meantime on our website which covers many questions from supporters.

If you have not already seen this article, please click here to view: 2020/21 Supporter Information

There is no currently no action required from supporters and any further developments regarding the return of fans to the stadium will be posted online at www.swfc.co.uk

Please do not reply to this email address as it is for outbound emails only.

Thank you for your support.

Best wishes from everyone at Sheffield Wednesday Football Club.