Jump to content

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

We still have some who refuse to let go of the idea that our change in fortunes was down to little more than sending Hutchinson and/or Westwood to the nursery?

 

 

 

We have not had a change in fortunes yet, we are still on minus 9.
Although I am glad to see the back of Hutchinson and FF.

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Django said:

CC is like one of those middle aged lotharios who wears chinos and a sweater around his neck. Initially women love him because he’s swarve, charming and charismatic. Eventually they get found out as a rat and an imposter 

lol agree . he defo can pull a woman , be good if he was in a group of lads and pulled some birds off next table . 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It wasn't about change in fortune what is becoming clear is that there was bad apples inside the camp.    Though we will never know who they were or what the issues were especially after Monk came in.   Those players had their chance 3 seasons ago and it didn't happen.  Since then they flattered to deceive and the majority of teams go through this.   We are in proper transition and there will be ups and downs.   We have to see what happens but we have good players coming in and as long as what appears to be unity in the camp is there then that benefits everyteam.

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Plonk said:

So what was it then?

 

How should I know? And to be honest, I'm really not all that bothered about finding out. No shortage of curtain twitchers, trouble causers, attention seekers and gossips to spin themselves in dizziness without me getting involved. But whatever it was, there was more to it than just dropping a couple of players. The results were faltering (not to the same extent, granted) whilst these two were still in the team anyway. For both of them, their last dozen appearances or so saw more defeats than victories.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I love all this Westwood is this, Hutchinson is that, FF is whatever?

 

Bottom line is these 3 players were a part of the most successful side we've had at this level since 2000. No one was decrying their personalities or performances during this successful period? Why should they be now?

 

They deserve a lot more respect then they're getting from some on here at the moment?

 

And before the main cheerleader pops up and says I should be paying Monk more respect then there is every chance I will if he achieves something similar to these lads?

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jim said:

I love all this Westwood is this, Hutchinson is that, FF is whatever?

 

Bottom line is these 3 players were a part of the most successful side we've had at this level since 2000. No one was decrying their personalities or performances during this successful period? Why should they be now?

 

They deserve a lot more respect then they're getting from some on here at the moment?

 

And before the main cheerleader pops up and says I should be paying Monk more respect then there is every chance I will if he achieves something similar to these lads?


Spot on. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jim said:

I love all this Westwood is this, Hutchinson is that, FF is whatever?

 

Bottom line is these 3 players were a part of the most successful side we've had at this level since 2000. No one was decrying their personalities or performances during this successful period? Why should they be now?

 

They deserve a lot more respect then they're getting from some on here at the moment?

 

And before the main cheerleader pops up and says I should be paying Monk more respect then there is every chance I will if he achieves something similar to these lads?



 

Hypocritical

 

You should show the same kind of respect to Monk 

  • Haha 3

 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:



 

Hypocritical

 

You should show the same kind of respect to Monk 

Unless what happened at Christmas was his  fault.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jim said:

I love all this Westwood is this, Hutchinson is that, FF is whatever?

 

Bottom line is these 3 players were a part of the most successful side we've had at this level since 2000. No one was decrying their personalities or performances during this successful period? Why should they be now?

 

They deserve a lot more respect then they're getting from some on here at the moment?

 

And before the main cheerleader pops up and says I should be paying Monk more respect then there is every chance I will if he achieves something similar to these lads?

This is spot on !!! Absolutely nailed it.

 

Westwood is the best keeper we have had since Pressman.

Hutchinson was a premier league player that was playing at us because of his injuries and gave his all every game.

Forestieri was the first player since Di Canio & Carbone that could get bums off seats.

 

Whether you believe they were bad apples or you believe they were miss managed by incompetence in the management department is irrelevant. They played there part and were successful and part of a side that oh so nearly made it to the prem. Now there not here they should be remembered as such.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:



 

Hypocritical

 

You should show the same kind of respect to Monk 

 

Read the last paragraph of my post?

 

While we're talking about the best manager to patrol the S6 touchline since Harry Catterick :laugh: Tomorrow will be his 42nd championship match in charge of Wednesday.

 

After tomorrow he will have managed the same number of championship matches as that other Wednesday managerial legend Mr Lukuhay :tango:

 

The Great JL's championship record is as follows :-

P42 W13 D12 L17 F58 A66 GD -8 Pts51

 

The even Greater GM's record currently reads :-

P41 W13 D11 L17 F52 A60 GD -8 Pts50

 

The big difference of course is Monk is going to get longer in the job. Let's see how he goes on from now eh.? And see if he actually justifies the fanfare he is currently getting from some on here?

 

And if he does indeed goes on to justify the fanfare then I'll be one of the first to hold my hands up and admit I got it wrong.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

 

Westwood is the best keeper we have had since Pressman. Was

Hutchinson was a premier league player that was playing at us because of his injuries and gave his all every game. 

Forestieri was the first player since Di Canio & Carbone that could get bums off seats. For roughly one season

 

Whether you believe they were bad apples or you believe they were miss managed by incompetence in the management department is irrelevant. They played there part and were successful and part of a side that oh so nearly made it to the prem. Now there not here they should be remembered as such.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Westfield Owl said:

Sheffield Wednesday 19/20 results - all comps.

 

With Hutchinson in the starting XI:

 

Played 21

Won 9

Draws 4

Lost 8

 

Without Hutchinson in the starting XI: 

 

Played 30

Won 9

Draws 7

Lost 14

 

So statistically we won 13% more when Hutchinson played.  And we lost 9% less of our games too.

 

Dopey Monk was daft to bomb him out when he did (I’m talking about the timing here, rather than the decision not to renew his contract), given that CM was a big weakness for us last season IMO.

 

Strange that he’s not got himself a club sorted yet.

This is my issue. Why do it when were third !?

 

He was brilliant last year and injury free!

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jim said:

 

Read the last paragraph of my post?

 

While we're talking about the best manager to patrol the S6 touchline since Harry Catterick :laugh: Tomorrow will be his 42nd championship match in charge of Wednesday.

 

After tomorrow he will have managed the same number of championship matches as that other Wednesday managerial legend Mr Lukuhay :tango:

 

The Great JL's championship record is as follows :-

P42 W13 D12 L17 F58 A66 GD -8 Pts51

 

The even Greater GM's record currently reads :-

P41 W13 D11 L17 F52 A60 GD -8 Pts50

 

The big difference of course is Monk is going to get longer in the job. Let's see how he goes on from now eh.? And see if he actually justifies the fanfare he is currently getting from some on here?

 

And if he does indeed goes on to justify the fanfare then I'll be one of the first to hold my hands up and admit I got it wrong.

Realistically should he ??

 

When you look at the stats its hard to see what the Monkettes see isnt it ?

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dutch McLovin said:

That doesnt matter he did it ?? And when we were turning down 12 million for him no one wanted him to go.

 

I wouldn't say no one wanted him to go but I agree a lot didn't.

To me if the £12M  was anywhere near true then it was a big mistake not selling him then, but he still needed to be let go when he went.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hookowl said:

 

I wouldn't say no one wanted him to go but I agree a lot didn't.

To me if the £12M  was anywhere near true then it was a big mistake not selling him then, but he still needed to be let go when he went.

In hindsight yes we should have, but we were going for the league that second season (yes it didnt work like that) why would we sell the best player in the league when we were aiming for the top.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Django said:

CC is like one of those middle aged lotharios who wears chinos and a sweater around his neck. Initially women love him because he’s swarve, charming and charismatic. Eventually they get found out as a rat and an imposter 

 

119749920_10161611864158647_3255462888944762209_n.jpg.094a39516dcc5ef57a2371c185c6e6d1.jpg

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Realistically should he ??

 

When you look at the stats its hard to see what the Monkettes see isnt it ?

 

Hey Hey it's the Monkettes,

As I make up this song,

They can't see what we see,

They can't see what is clearly wrong,

They're happy and they'll keep clapping,

Why the rest of us show concern

They'll carry on thinking everything is rosy

While Wednesday crash and burn 

Hey Hey it's the Monkettes

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jim said:

 

Hey Hey it's the Monkettes,

As I make up this song,

They can't see what we see,

They can't see what is clearly wrong,

They're happy and they'll keep clapping,

Why the rest of us show concern

They'll carry on thinking everything is rosy

While Wednesday crash and burn 

Hey Hey it's the Monkettes

 

Fantastic lol

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dutch McLovin said:

Realistically should he ??

 

When you look at the stats its hard to see what the Monkettes see isnt it ?

i see a manager with a mid table record which with the squad we had  is about right .........

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...