Rochdale -v-Wednesday (League Cup) OMDT

3 minutes ago, Grimesthorpian said:

Agreed. After scoring on Sat, Rhodes deffo needs tonights game to try and get his confidence levels up. Bit of a clogwinder from Monk IMO

or on the other hand it could be a master stroke...Rhodes might actually be thinking I’m not playing because I’m the main man and needed Saturday for a more important game. 

• Like 3

Football really breaks my heart these days. At one time this would have been Rochdales match of the season. We would have played our first team in an effort to progress. We would have sold our allocation, driven over there in the sunshine,  filled that stand after visiting the local cafes and hostelries (always a good awayday), sung our hearts out and Rochdale (with an ex-Owl in charge) would have tried for an upset.

After a bit of a scare we would have won, sung a couple of verses of "Wember-lee, wember-lee" and gone home happy.

As it is, we play our reserves in an empty ground and nobody really cares.

I know that's just how it is but it still upsets me.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Just now, slinger208b said:

3-5-2 with Brennan as CB...

Left wing back?

Shaw?

Reach?

Wildsmith

Palmer   Brennan   Borner

Odubajo     Pelupessy   Hunt   Shaw    Reach 

Deli-Bashiru 

Kachunga

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

Left wing back?

Shaw?

Reach?

Wildsmith

Palmer   Brennan   Borner

Odubajo     Pelupessy   Hunt   Shaw    Reach 

Deli-Bashiru 

Kachunga

i added image to my post of what someone thinks it is...

Edited by slinger208b
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, 31Dec1966 said:

Football really breaks my heart these days. At one time this would have been Rochdales match of the season. We would have played our first team in an effort to progress. We would have sold our allocation, driven over there in the sunshine,  filled that stand after visiting the local cafes and hostelries (always a good awayday), sung our hearts out and Rochdale (with an ex-Owl in charge) would have tried for an upset.

After a bit of a scare we would have won, sung a couple of verses of "Wember-lee, wember-lee" and gone home happy.

As it is, we play our reserves in an empty ground and nobody really cares.

I know that's just how it is but it still upsets me.

Yeah its always been the minnow of the competitions, surprised its still going to be honest.

Used  love the old arguments what would you rather win the League or the FA Cup, plenty said the Cup but it wouldn't even be a discussion nowadays.