Rochdale -v-Wednesday (League Cup) OMDT

Great OMDT for the cup, Snoots!

While I enjoy a bit of cup success, all eyes are on league this season and in that sense I'm really just regarding tonight's match as extra pre-season friendly and more match practice for our squad.

Bahh... who am I kidding!

Come on Wednesday, we're going to smash the league and this cup!! lol

0-0 draws and penalty shoots all the way to Wembley!

• Like 2

Meh, not much point in even trying to win it now. 

The League Cup gets further devalued, not even a Europa League place for the winners now. Nobody's actually even that bothered about the Europa League these days so I can't see there being much interest in the Checkatrade Trophy of UEFA competitions 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54133192

What were wrong with-:

• European Cup
  • Cup Winners Cup
  • Uefa Cup

Everything's a bloody faff these days.

About time they made em straight knockouts again n'all. 

Banging on about fixtures congestion, yet everything had to be a bloody league these days to ensure there's no upset and keep the bloody money coming. 

I've just answered me own question. 

Either way. 

Meh!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

Torn between literally not caring about the cup in the slightest and wanting us to focus on the league, and not wanting to be knocked out by Rochdale which could dent our confidence.

Id go for:

Wildsmith

Shaw

Lees

Borner

Moses

Dele

Reach

Pelupessy

Palmer

Kachunga

Rhodes

11 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

hall.JPG.ddd221558041666b6336415794a6b464.JPG

"Told you the points deduction would galvanise the troops didn't I Stubbs!?"

"It's only been the one game"

"Two if you include the League Cup game"

"To be fair that  was a 0-0 draw ,Sir ,I hardly think-"

"It was all part of a cunning-"

"Yes, cunning master plan, you said. Will they be repeating the trick tonight, Sir?"

"Eh?"

"Deliberately drawing 0-0 to get in some more penalty practise?"

"Don't be facetious Stubbs. You're trying to put a dampener on it. Mind, you needn't bother anyway. There's a cloud been forming in the back of my lemon. Couldn't put my finger on it till just now."

"Oh?"

"This bloody away kit."

"What's wrong with it?"

"Well, nothing per se. Though the style and colour scheme is not to my tastes, I think they should always be yellow. But no, the thing is, if we win tonight...that'll be three on the spin wearing the blasted thing. Don't you see?"

"No, Sir. I'm afraid I don't.  I'd have thought 3 wins on the spin would be a good thing?"

"Oh yes, you would!  But that's three games won and we haven't worn the sodding blue and white stripes yet. I mean to say, we're Sheffield Wednesday. We are blue and white stripes!"

"And? is it not the custom, the very reason for away kits, that if there's a clash of colours.."

"There was no clash of colours against bloody Walsall, so why weren't we wearing them then?"

"Does it really matter?"

"Of course it matters!"

"Are you suggesting there might be a problem with the suppliers and that the kit hasn't actually arrived?"

"No, no, what I'm saying is... what if the grey shirt becomes our totem of success!"

"Here we go..."

"A symbol of our defiance and sticking it to the EFL.  What if...what if all the positive energy we're creating is absorbed into the away kit , eh? What then?! What about when we stop wearing it? All the momentum might be trapped in it's stitching. Then what? Defeats at home in our home shirts that have been hanging unloved in the laundry room? Shirts that have been sat with no positive vibes washing over them. What of the home matches eh? When we don't wear the now positively charged away shirts? Defeats?"

"Superstitious nonsense"

"Oh. Oh, nonsense is it? Was it nonsense that David Hirst started picking up injuries when he dropped his lucky ASICS boots?"

"I suspect Steve Bould combined with Mr Hirsts lifestyle choices might have had something to-"

"Was it superstitious nonsense when those two pigeons kept landing on the Cantilever roof during Rons tenure that and made us draw games that we should have won?"

"Ridiculous"

"Was it nonsense that when my lucky bobble came off my hat we were relegated against Crystal Palace not an hour later?!

"There was no scientific proof that-"

"Be damned with your science! We win tonight and make it three on the bounce and it can only spell....disaster!"

"Spoken like only a Sheffield Wednesday fan could after an undefeated start"

ROCHDALE

V - 

WEDNESDAY

image.png.fbfd0d5534eaa74facfc73205a9864bc.png

Brian Barry-Murphy. Brian Barry-Murphy, it's a name which takes us right back to depressing days at Hillsborough. A time when going to the game genuinely felt a chore. It's not all his fault of course, they were bad times full stop. But the name is enough to send a shiver down the spine. 

Barry-Murphy might give a start up front to striker Fabio Tavares where he is likely to be partnered by ex-blunt Matty Done. 

image.png.6b232c82ac06585318b4a2f811258e36.png

ROCHDALE POSS-:

Bazunu
McLaughlin   E O'Connell (c)  P McShane  Keohane 
Dooley  Morley  Lund  Rathbone

Newb          Done

Garry Monk will ring the changes with a big game ahead against Watford on Saturday and the club hoping to overhaul what is now a -9 point deficit.  There will be changes in midfield, who worked tirelessly on Saturday and changing the goalkeepers for these games is something of a given. 

Changing the front two? He'll be tempted but for me, I'd keep Rhodes and Windass in there , see if they can't build something. True enough they might be in need of a breather as much as anyone with a Championship game on the horizon. But they're funny old sods strikers. They get a goal..and they can come in runs. They'll both be desperate to get back out there. As it is I suspect Kachunga and Reach might be the front pairing.

image.png.d47687bf4e12a3ac010d4a558681feb1.png

WEDNESDAY POSS-:

Wildsmith
Palmer     Iorfa   Van Aken 
Odubajo  Deli-Bashiru   Pelupessy   Hunt   Harris

Reach    Kachunga

giphy.gif

11 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

hall.JPG.ddd221558041666b6336415794a6b464.JPG

"Told you the points deduction would galvanise the troops didn't I Stubbs!?"

"It's only been the one game"

"Two if you include the League Cup game"

"To be fair that  was a 0-0 draw ,Sir ,I hardly think-"

"It was all part of a cunning-"

"Yes, cunning master plan, you said. Will they be repeating the trick tonight, Sir?"

"Eh?"

"Deliberately drawing 0-0 to get in some more penalty practise?"

"Don't be facetious Stubbs. You're trying to put a dampener on it. Mind, you needn't bother anyway. There's a cloud been forming in the back of my lemon. Couldn't put my finger on it till just now."

"Oh?"

"This bloody away kit."

"What's wrong with it?"

"Well, nothing per se. Though the style and colour scheme is not to my tastes, I think they should always be yellow. But no, the thing is, if we win tonight...that'll be three on the spin wearing the blasted thing. Don't you see?"

"No, Sir. I'm afraid I don't.  I'd have thought 3 wins on the spin would be a good thing?"

"Oh yes, you would!  But that's three games won and we haven't worn the sodding blue and white stripes yet. I mean to say, we're Sheffield Wednesday. We are blue and white stripes!"

"And? is it not the custom, the very reason for away kits, that if there's a clash of colours.."

"There was no clash of colours against bloody Walsall, so why weren't we wearing them then?"

"Does it really matter?"

"Of course it matters!"

"Are you suggesting there might be a problem with the suppliers and that the kit hasn't actually arrived?"

"No, no, what I'm saying is... what if the grey shirt becomes our totem of success!"

"Here we go..."

"A symbol of our defiance and sticking it to the EFL.  What if...what if all the positive energy we're creating is absorbed into the away kit , eh? What then?! What about when we stop wearing it? All the momentum might be trapped in it's stitching. Then what? Defeats at home in our home shirts that have been hanging unloved in the laundry room? Shirts that have been sat with no positive vibes washing over them. What of the home matches eh? When we don't wear the now positively charged away shirts? Defeats?"

"Superstitious nonsense"

"Oh. Oh, nonsense is it? Was it nonsense that David Hirst started picking up injuries when he dropped his lucky ASICS boots?"

"I suspect Steve Bould combined with Mr Hirsts lifestyle choices might have had something to-"

"Was it superstitious nonsense when those two pigeons kept landing on the Cantilever roof during Rons tenure that and made us draw games that we should have won?"

"Ridiculous"

"Was it nonsense that when my lucky bobble came off my hat we were relegated against Crystal Palace not an hour later?!

"There was no scientific proof that-"

"Be damned with your science! We win tonight and make it three on the bounce and it can only spell....disaster!"

"Spoken like only a Sheffield Wednesday fan could after an undefeated start"

ROCHDALE

V - 

WEDNESDAY

image.png.fbfd0d5534eaa74facfc73205a9864bc.png

Brian Barry-Murphy. Brian Barry-Murphy, it's a name which takes us right back to depressing days at Hillsborough. A time when going to the game genuinely felt a chore. It's not all his fault of course, they were bad times full stop. But the name is enough to send a shiver down the spine. 

Barry-Murphy might give a start up front to striker Fabio Tavares where he is likely to be partnered by ex-blunt Matty Done. 

image.png.6b232c82ac06585318b4a2f811258e36.png

ROCHDALE POSS-:

Bazunu
McLaughlin   E O'Connell (c)  P McShane  Keohane 
Dooley  Morley  Lund  Rathbone

Newb          Done

Garry Monk will ring the changes with a big game ahead against Watford on Saturday and the club hoping to overhaul what is now a -9 point deficit.  There will be changes in midfield, who worked tirelessly on Saturday and changing the goalkeepers for these games is something of a given. 

Changing the front two? He'll be tempted but for me, I'd keep Rhodes and Windass in there , see if they can't build something. True enough they might be in need of a breather as much as anyone with a Championship game on the horizon. But they're funny old sods strikers. They get a goal..and they can come in runs. They'll both be desperate to get back out there. As it is I suspect Kachunga and Reach might be the front pairing.

image.png.d47687bf4e12a3ac010d4a558681feb1.png

WEDNESDAY POSS-:

Wildsmith
Palmer     Iorfa   Van Aken 
Odubajo  Deli-Bashiru   Pelupessy   Hunt   Harris

Reach    Kachunga

giphy.gif