Barnsley looking for a new home

12 minutes ago, Jaydubz said:

Has it never occurred to you that if DC did sell up, he would sell the ground as well as a full package? The stadium hasn't gone into obscurity you know!!!!

Clearly this is what would happen, why some people can’t get their heads around this I don’t know.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Jaydubz said:

he would sell the ground as well as a full package?

Just now, TrickyTrev said:

Clearly this is what would happen, why some people can’t get their heads around this I don’t know.

He could, or he may not, or he may.  There's no proof that he "would". 

This is a reply on a Barnsley subject, where the former owner of Barnsley retains ownership (partial) of Oakwell, ie, he didn't sell the ground to the new owners as a full package, nor is he obliged to sell despite the owner wanting to buy.

Of course, it couldn't happen to us though.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Nero said:

Who is we?

Do you mean the fans? If so 'we' didn't own the stadium - Chansiri did

And now it is in the control of his family.

But keep peddling the slack brained myth.....

Well the club doesn’t own the stadium it’s now technically private owned so I’m not sure any rent money would count towards FFP.

not sure what’s got you so grumpy but go have a cup of tea and a biscuit it’s going to be ok

9 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Found them a nice little spot just off the M1 at Birdwell

download.jpeg.7db6e0ae38393a9b7f29539847f99765.jpeg

That's my little beauty at the back, top row, far left, bit of a squeeze sometimes what with me and the sister and our 9 kids but we get by 

• Haha 2

Guest Therealrealist
1 hour ago, Jaydubz said:

Has it never occurred to you that if DC did sell up, he would sell the ground as well as a full package? The stadium hasn't gone into obscurity you know!!!!

Why wouldnt he want to keep the ground and harvest a decent rent every season??

Guest Therealrealist
5 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Seriously how much is the rent ? Has it ever been published anywhere ?

He could charge what he wants within reason..it would be cheaper for any new owner to rent hillsbro than build us a new ground..im sure leeds have only recently bought back their ground after paying rent for years

2 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

He could charge what he wants within reason..it would be cheaper for any new owner to rent hillsbro than build us a new ground..im sure leeds have only recently bought back their ground after paying rent for years

Yes I suppose so, but what I really meant was has the rent that we are paying now been published anywhere.

5 hours ago, DlNGLE said:

where are they going to build it ? 
to build they need planning permission, who gives out planning permission? . Would you let someone build a new ground if it means you’re left with a ground you can’t rent out. 

Sure there are a number of brown field sites available in Barnsley, plenty of big industrial sites keep getting built round Grimesthorpe etc. Would have thought they could develop Oakwell just like they did with Highbury....after all it is far older and an historic venue.

Look at Brighton out of town new build...full each week, Reebok another one. 

1 hour ago, Therealrealist said:

Why wouldnt he want to keep the ground and harvest a decent rent every season??

Because if he sells the stadium along with the club he can probably add around £30m to the asking price rather than selling the club without a stadium which would see him receive significantly less from a buyer.

3 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

I'm sure Coventry City fans would have something to say about the notion a football club would not be held to ransom over it's home stadium.

Not the same scenario though, quite far from it.

They moved into the Ricoh arena which I believe was owned by the council. 

The fallouts and them moving out (twice) were due to arguments over rent as tenants, how much money they could make from matchday etc.

Whilst our situation is far from ideal, it is quite different.

20 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

Sheffield 3 or summat..but you know that..any new owner would have to pay rent for rhe use of hillsborough

i didn't know that, i've never heard the term sheffield 3 before.

but i had a feeling a certain party involved in the matter might just be a tad smarter than some on our side of the fence who are wailing all the time about a lost ground.

15 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

You will be sat in the West Stand with a big greasy six fingered oaf sat and drooling in your seat. Reight 

hazmat suit from matalan.