Barnsley looking for a new home

12 hours ago, lanzaroteowl said:

F@ck that!

Where would they park their carts? Cow cack everywhere!!

tarmac dug up, bins raided, polluting the don washing in it (although this activity may well not take place) plus all the additional nhs spending on counseling when they saw street lighting in action.

let the hobbits **** off t'lane.

• Haha 1

Guest Therealrealist
5 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

why who owns hillsborough?

Sheffield 3 or summat..but you know that..any new owner would have to pay rent for rhe use of hillsborough

Guest Jack the Hat
2 hours ago, Five Archers said:

Hope you've got good quality black out curtains so you dont have to watch em play mate.

Yeah I still got the one from when I let Coldplay do an open air concert a few years back.

13 hours ago, cardiffowl06 said:

I'd happily rent Hillsborough out to them. We'd have to be careful on the share deal though. If its with the stadium's company then we won't get any FFP benefit. If they pay SWFC rent that might work.

Can also see them trying to ground share with Rotherham. 

Or Huddersfield...

2 hours ago, Harrysgame said:

TBH, agree with you, don't mind Barnsley fans good value and up themselves l8ke some local clubs. Seems strange though that they have mega wealthy owners but no one seems to be able to sort the ownership of the ground out. With all the money why not build another ground?

where are they going to build it ? 
to build they need planning permission, who gives out planning permission? . Would you let someone build a new ground if it means you’re left with a ground you can’t rent out. 

Edited by DlNGLE
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, DlNGLE said:

to build they need planning permission, who gives out planning permission? . Would you let someone build a new ground if it means you’re left with a ground you can’t rent out. 

The planning system couldn’t prevent that from happening unless there were genuine policy constraints that couldn’t be overcome. They’d get rinsed at appeal 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DlNGLE said:

The application for planning permissions is not based on financial needs of the council.  The planning officer would make a recommendation as to whether the application is suitable, meets regulations and requirements, takes in to account impact  on traffic, environment, other services and any mitigating circumstances.  

The cabinet could reject it but then it would for sure be subject to appeal, possibly at Govt minister level, that the council did not act openly and objectively to the application.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

This is a problem we will have getting a new owner..who will eant to buy us when we dont own the stadium..nobody would be my guess😐

If a prospective owner is ambitious and wants to build a new stadium, I was thinking it might actually help. Considering the purchase of the club doesn't come tied to the property, the cost of the club would presumably be lower.

4 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

This is a problem we will have getting a new owner..who will eant to buy us when we dont own the stadium..nobody would be my guess😐

Has it never occurred to you that if DC did sell up, he would sell the ground as well as a full package? The stadium hasn't gone into obscurity you know!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1