Barnsley looking for a new home

If any money gained led to a genuine impact then i see no reason why not. For example, if it was the difference between being able to spend upwards of 5 million on a striker for next season then I absolutely would welcome it. 

I have no idea what we could charge them though. I suppose anyone looking for a new ground they aren’t really in a position to negotiate.

Guest Jack the Hat

I’ve got quite a big garden and there’s a shed at the bottom although the the roof is rotting . If they buy the plywood and help me fit it , they can play there next season for nowt.

has to be marine grade plywood though!

Edited by Jack the Hat

20 minutes ago, Manwë said:

Really clever.  SWFC pay less rent on an asset we used to own and paid £0 rent on before.   So instead of paying Chansiri £3m a year, we could pay him £1.5m a year for something we owned for 118 years, that we lost because of his incompetence and gambling.  Genius.  The man is Mr Merdle reincarnated.

Sheffield Wednesday did, it was an asset on our books.  Then the CEO of Sheffield Wednesday and the owner of Sheffield 3 Ltd signed a 30 year agreement that Sheffield Wednesday would pay Sheffield 3 Ltd £90m for an asset that had previously been on the accounts at £22m.  The agreement stated that Sheffield Wednesday would pay for the upkeep of the ground too.  The CEO then left Sheffield Wednesday, and the owner of Sheffield 3 Ltd took full decision making of Sheffield Wednesday.   We swapped a £22m asset for £60m in cash that had already been spend, and  are left with a £90m liability legacy.

'Chansiri won't sell SWFC without selling Hillsborough' is the constant claim, yet here we have a club being sold without the ground just up the road from us, and the former owner refusing to sell their share and refusing to maintain the ground etc  Coventry will be playing their games at Birmingham, but don't worry, it could never happen to us though, never.   

We are Sheffield Wednesday after all.

The idiocy of people finding this at Barnsley funny

They will completely ignore this post and write it off as scaremongering

Wednesday fans are as thick as sh it at times

1 hour ago, modboy said:

What happened?

If you google his name and football it will bring you the full report, but they basically bought a French club, then took at a £22m loan at 9 pc interest from what according to the report was a dubious source in Luxembourg, but no one knows where the money has gone? Think there’s some issues about the ground there too. It’s to be hoped the EFL don’t start poking around what’s going on. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, westy365owl said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8732425/Barnsley-hold-talks-EFL-clubs-shock-away-Oakwell.html

Looks like barnsley are having a few problems i wonder if we are one of the teams they have asked about the ground share 

Found them a nice little spot just off the M1 at Birdwell

download.jpeg.7db6e0ae38393a9b7f29539847f99765.jpeg

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Manwë said:

Really clever.  SWFC pay less rent on an asset we used to own and paid £0 rent on before.   So instead of paying Chansiri £3m a year, we could pay him £1.5m a year for something we owned for 118 years, that we lost because of his incompetence and gambling.  Genius.  The man is Mr Merdle reincarnated.

Sheffield Wednesday did, it was an asset on our books.  Then the CEO of Sheffield Wednesday and the owner of Sheffield 3 Ltd signed a 30 year agreement that Sheffield Wednesday would pay Sheffield 3 Ltd £90m for an asset that had previously been on the accounts at £22m.  The agreement stated that Sheffield Wednesday would pay for the upkeep of the ground too.  The CEO then left Sheffield Wednesday, and the owner of Sheffield 3 Ltd took full decision making of Sheffield Wednesday.   We swapped a £22m asset for £60m in cash that had already been spend, and  are left with a £90m liability legacy.

'Chansiri won't sell SWFC without selling Hillsborough' is the constant claim, yet here we have a club being sold without the ground just up the road from us, and the former owner refusing to sell their share and refusing to maintain the ground etc  Coventry will be playing their games at Birmingham, but don't worry, it could never happen to us though, never.   

We are Sheffield Wednesday after all.

People in glass houses (especially when they don't own the glass house they're standing in)...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Plonk said:

If you google his name and football it will bring you the full report, but they basically bought a French club, then took at a £22m loan at 9 pc interest from what according to the report was a dubious source in Luxembourg, but no one knows where the money has gone? Think there’s some issues about the ground there too. It’s to be hoped the EFL don’t start poking around what’s going on. 

Then sold all their best players to pay off loan. Once all the good players were sold they jumped ship

9 hours ago, cardiffowl06 said:

I'd happily rent Hillsborough out to them. We'd have to be careful on the share deal though. If its with the stadium's company then we won't get any FFP benefit. If they pay SWFC rent that might work.

Can also see them trying to ground share with Rotherham. 

Yeah, would have thought Rotherham or Donny would be favourites.

Just spoke to a couple of Dingle mates (long term STs) who are telling me IF it happens they've done. 

All about the Chinese half not being able to buy the other 50% and have complete control.

Sad times.

8 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Don't wish Barnsley any ill will, will gloat if I come across a Dingle fan but they should be playing at Oakwell, seems there is a power struggle.

Hope they sort it out. 

Mates telling me it can't be resolved in Chinese favour as the 50% Cryne/Council stake is not for sale under any circumstances.

Going to be interesting.

2 minutes ago, Ray Von shabba said:

Mates telling me it can't be resolved in Chinese favour as the 50% Cryne/Council stake is not for sale under any circumstances.

Going to be interesting.

I always assumed that Barnsley owned their own ground, maybe the Chinese are playing a emotional blackmail game.  Surprised they bought the club when it seems so disjointed.

4 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Don't wish Barnsley any ill will, will gloat if I come across a Dingle fan but they should be playing at Oakwell, seems there is a power struggle.

Hope they sort it out. 

We’re all football fans at the end of the day. It’s the fans who pick up the pieces when the “businessmen” have gone to other “ projects”.  We were saved at the last minute, but only by someone who saw the opportunity to make money. Altruism, as they say, is sadly gone.

I’m pleased we have Mr Chansiri. He may have made mistakes ( we all do!) but once again he’s putting his money where his mouth is and backing the Manager.  I’d rather have DC as Chairman than most of the owners and conglomerates that run football in this country. Maybe we should consider our good fortune?

• Like 3

OT rules:

- Thou shall not have any fun at the expense of one's rivals because your club is a bit rubbish too. 

Should be pointed out that mocking the Dingles isn't some sort of ringing endorsement of Chansiri and his business dealings.

• Like 1

Just now, Elderly Owl said:

We’re all football fans at the end of the day. It’s the fans who pick up the pieces when the “businessmen” have gone to other “ projects”.  We were saved at the last minute, but only by someone who saw the opportunity to make money. Altruism, as they say, is sadly gone.

I’m pleased we have Mr Chansiri. He may have made mistakes ( we all do!) but once again he’s putting his money where his mouth is and backing the Manager.  I’d rather have DC as Chairman than most of the owners and conglomerates that run football in this country. Maybe we should consider our good fortune?

I don't know what to make of it all to be honest, soon as big money is involved then it seems all sensibilities go out of the window. 

Football really needs to come together, instead of this gold rush mentality.

• Like 1