Barnsley looking for a new home

1 hour ago, westy365owl said:

If we were to offer Hillsborough as a ground share I'm assuming that what ever rent we charge them would count as money in towards FFP or whatever its called these days , if so might be worth looking into especially with the lack of crowds at moment 

Would be if we actually owned the stadium.....

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

As I've said before their owners really don't have much money, no searches tell me that Chien Lee is a billionaire. 

They did a right old trick on the French club they owned, they'll do the same with the dingles given the chance. 

They failed to take over Falkirk I think it was because they couldn't prove they had the finances

• Like 1

2 hours ago, westy365owl said:

If we were to offer Hillsborough as a ground share I'm assuming that what ever rent we charge them would count as money in towards FFP or whatever its called these days , if so might be worth looking into especially with the lack of crowds at moment 

I'd rather get hammered with consecutive FFP punishments than give that club any meager lifeline.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, thommowl said:

As I've said before their owners really don't have much money, no searches tell me that Chien Lee is a billionaire. 

They did a right old trick on the French club they owned, they'll do the same with the dingles given the chance. 

They failed to take over Falkirk I think it was because they couldn't prove they had the finances

Just read up on the French thing, as I had no idea. Makes their moralistic stand on us look quite ridiculous now. People in glass houses and that!

• Like 2

Guest Kagoshimaowl
2 hours ago, scilly owl said:

Apparently they are close to an agreement with Burton Road Primary School.

I’ve heard it’s off. They couldn’t guarantee filling the ground when crowds come back!!

5 hours ago, westy365owl said:

Nope, because Sheffield 3 Ltd would be receiving the rent.  We don't own Hillsborough.

• Haha 1