Ifollow Replay

34 minutes ago, Shetland Owl said:

Last season was able to watch the whole match a day or so after, but cannot do this now. Audio subscription only, anyone had this problem

Just watched it but it starts off badly with first the wrong commentary then no commentary for the rest of the first half. Seems like another EFL ******** up. I couldn’t even get the first half audio on Saturday.

5 hours ago, Shetland Owl said:

Last season was able to watch the whole match a day or so after, but cannot do this now. Audio subscription only, anyone had this problem

I have a Video Season Pass, and have the same problem.  Under Video Archives it (full match replay) shows up, but click on it and no video appears.  I was able to get the reply of the Walsall match, the day after, but can't get it now.

8 hours ago, Shetland Owl said:

Under ifollow there is a section called full match replays. This is games fromlast seasonat the moment I suspect when ifollow get their act togetheryou will be able to see them. With the hectic summer they have obviously not been able to get their act together.

With no commentary on first half on Saturday has anyone received any feedback from ifollow on the subject? As a minimum a letter of apology should be sent to all subscribers and as not a full service being delivered iis it possible refunds are due?

The promotional hype was a promise of more exclusive coverage for subscribers. However service at moment is abysmal.

On reflection it is an EFL run initiative soexpectations are low and getting lower.

• Like 1

I have a genuine iFollow question if anyone can help. I am a season ticket holder and have never used iFollow. From looking at the recent press release looks like there will be no refunds in cash this season so might take up the free home games on iFollow. 

Is this easy to set up and how do you go about getting the code for free as a season ticket holder ?

1 hour ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Is this easy to set up and how do you go about getting the code for free as a season ticket holder ?

Exactly how (or if) iFollow works remains the subject of fierce academic debate. It's a unique and inscrutable system, about which relatively little is yet known in the field of 21st-century information technology.

However, today's leading scientists broadly agree that it requires some arcane combination of the following:

• Writing them a nice letter in our best handwriting (with proper spelling) asking if we may please watch some football matches on our computer sometimes
  • If they choose to respond, we'll immediately be required to sign up for a lifetime membership, regardless of whether we just want to listen to the second half commentary on one Tuesday night away game where we won't be near a radio
  • Upon acceptance of these severe and binding terms, we'll also be required to turn off all security features on our browser of choice (which may or may not be compatible that week - probably best to disable all security features on every device we own, just to be 'safe')
  • Pay up front and then wait to see if the match actually comes on at all - obviously no refunds if it doesn't, that's our lookout
  • Cross our fingers that the commentary appears midway through the first half, and that it's actually for the right game - again, very much caveat emptor, no refunds ever LOLOLOLOL
  • Enjoy the match! It will probably be nil-nil
  • PS don't try to switch between phone and computer if you need a dump, or it'll turn off both of them and log you out as a punishment for being disgusting
  • Obviously if we want to stop paying for the service at any point, we'll need to write them another pleading essay and wait to see if they deem it worth of a response - if they do (which will definitely be after the next billing date or two), they may or may not agree to cancel it depending on how they feel

What a time to be alive! The future is NOW, friends. 

:duntmatter:

Edited by Mr. Tom
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Tom said:

Exactly how (or if) iFollow works remains the subject of fierce academic debate. It's a unique and inscrutable system, about which relatively little is yet known in the field of 21st-century information technology.

However, today's leading scientists broadly agree that it requires some arcane combination of the following:

• Writing them a nice letter in our best handwriting (with proper spelling) asking if we may please watch some football matches on our computer sometimes
  • If they choose to respond, we'll immediately be required to sign up for a lifetime membership, regardless of whether we just want to listen to the second half commentary on one Tuesday night away game where we won't be near a radio
  • Upon acceptance of these severe and binding terms, we'll also be required to turn off all security features on our browser of choice (which may or may not be compatible that week - probably best to disable all security features on every device we own, just to be 'safe')
  • Pay up front and then wait to see if the match actually comes on at all - obviously no refunds if it doesn't, that's our lookout
  • Cross our fingers that the commentary appears midway through the first half, and that it's actually for the right game - again, very much caveat emptor, no refunds ever LOLOLOLOL
  • Enjoy the match! It will probably be nil-nil
  • PS don't try to switch between phone and computer if you need a dump, or it'll turn off both of them and log you out as a punishment for being disgusting
  • Obviously if we want to stop paying for the service at any point, we'll need to write them another pleading essay and wait to see if they deem it worth of a response - if they do (which will definitely be after the next billing date or two), they may or may not agree to cancel it depending on how they feel

What a time to be alive! The future is NOW, friends. 

:duntmatter:

I laughed at that, but it's not funny really.

ifollow seems to have it's own consumer laws, the no refunds under any circumstances can't be legal, it's like it's run by the mafia.

The mafia would also increase the cost by 25% for an inferior service(no commentary in the first half, due to Rob being told his services are not required anymore for away matches), especially now they're racking it in with probably a 2000% increase in subscribers, plus bloody ads at half time.......any idea where I can buy shares?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

I have a genuine iFollow question if anyone can help. I am a season ticket holder and have never used iFollow. From looking at the recent press release looks like there will be no refunds in cash this season so might take up the free home games on iFollow. 

Swfc are putting any monies from not being allowed to go to games of the price of next year's season tickets if that's any help

• Like 1