Players we signed who were too good for us

42 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

I stand by what I said mate, you ain't gonna change my mind.   I remember the time well and yes.....he was a disgrace.

I’m not trying to change your mind, I’m genuinely interested as to why you label Sibon a ‘disgrace’ 

Just now, ZicoSterland2 said:

The greatest player in the world inside his own head. Sadly his feet couldn't match his ego.

I think he scored for us once, v Leeds. Most muted celebrations I’ve ever seen, I don’t think we could believe it.

11 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

I’m not trying to change your mind, I’m genuinely interested as to why you label Sibon a ‘disgrace’ 

He had talent, no doubt about that but he also ambled around the pitch like he was an old Pro in a benefit match, he neshed tackles and when he did commit he'd needlessly give fouls away just to slow the game down because he was breathing out of his ars.e.

I also remember seeing him laughing walking off the pitch at half time Vs Norwich when we got tonked.

So yeah, a frickin disgrace.

• Like 2

Di Canio, Carbone, Nilsson were world class players who wouldnt have looked out of place at any club, apart from those none have been too good for Wednesday since I started going 

2 minutes ago, Django said:

Di Canio, Carbone, Nilsson were world class players who wouldnt have looked out of place at any club, apart from those none have been too good for Wednesday since I started going 

I think ‘World class’ is an overused phrase. I would say Nilsson was world class and Waddle was possibly in the 92/93 season. We haven’t in my lifetime had any world class players other than the two mentioned above.

Di Canio very very good, but to suggest Carbone was world class is staggering. He was a very good player though.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Nero said:

I remember one game where Di Canio and Carbone were playing either side of Andy Booth.

I dont know if they were too good for us but they were too good for him.

After about 20 minutes of the ball going to Booth and not coming back their arms were waving like windmills, Paulo was moaning 'WHY.... WHY?' at the bench. Shaking his head and then he didn't pass another ball all game.

Boothy shouldve chinned the knobsack

5 hours ago, IWEDFM said:

Loved Alexanderson

I'll never forget his goal at White Hart Lane on my birthday to defeat Spurs 1-0

We used to do well down there

5 hours ago, rikowl said:

Carson saved our season - he was so good the whole team could play much further up the pitch knowing he could effectively sweep up, amazing keeper, unlucky not to get the chance to show it at one of the top, top clubs.

He did... with us😁

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

I think ‘World class’ is an overused phrase. I would say Nilsson was world class and Waddle was possibly in the 92/93 season. We haven’t in my lifetime had any world class players other than the two mentioned above.

Di Canio very very good, but to suggest Carbone was world class is staggering. He was a very good player though.

No agreed Carbone wasn’t world class. Meant to put Waddle 

:duntmatter:

Stick by those 3 though 

Edited by Django
7 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Antonio 

Ben Saha 

Hector 

Gardner 

Turner - keeper we had on loan from Everton think? 

I even thought the likes of Tudgay could’ve done better in a better side

Ben saha what a blast from the past

The issue with Sibon wasn't ability it was application and consistency. One match he'd pull a ball out of the sky stone dead, the next minute he'd try a through ball from half way line and literally tie end it half way up the kop. One minute too good for a top end prem side the next minute too poo for the dog and duck.