Players we signed who were too good for us

6 hours ago, Nero said:

I remember one game where Di Canio and Carbone were playing either side of Andy Booth.

I dont know if they were too good for us but they were too good for him.

After about 20 minutes of the ball going to Booth and not coming back their arms were waving like windmills, Paulo was moaning 'WHY.... WHY?' at the bench. Shaking his head and then he didn't pass another ball all game.

Boothy shouldve chinned the knobsack

5 hours ago, rikowl said:

Carson saved our season - he was so good the whole team could play much further up the pitch knowing he could effectively sweep up, amazing keeper, unlucky not to get the chance to show it at one of the top, top clubs.

He did... with us😁

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

I think ‘World class’ is an overused phrase. I would say Nilsson was world class and Waddle was possibly in the 92/93 season. We haven’t in my lifetime had any world class players other than the two mentioned above.

Di Canio very very good, but to suggest Carbone was world class is staggering. He was a very good player though.

No agreed Carbone wasn’t world class. Meant to put Waddle 

:duntmatter:

Stick by those 3 though 

Edited by Django

The issue with Sibon wasn't ability it was application and consistency. One match he'd pull a ball out of the sky stone dead, the next minute he'd try a through ball from half way line and literally tie end it half way up the kop. One minute too good for a top end prem side the next minute too poo for the dog and duck.

1 minute ago, damianb1 said:

The issue with Sibon wasn't ability it was application and consistency. One match he'd pull a ball out of the sky stone dead, the next minute he'd try a through ball from half way line and literally tie end it half way up the kop. One minute too good for a top end prem side the next minute too poo for the dog and duck.

Shame we didn't have a few more players of his quality at the time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sham67 said:

Sorry mate, I disagree.  No player will ever be too good to play for Wednesday, no matter what the circumstances are.  No real fan would say otherwise.

Curran was a div 1 player when Jack took him from Saints (I think).

He was a class apart. But I don’t imagine he thought he was too good for us / that league,

His love for the club was obvious, I doubt he’d have performed so well anywhere else.

• Love 3