The Humble Club - Abhorrence Of Arabia

Big Malc

2 hours ago, sage owl said:

Their big problem is money it always boils down to money with footballers. 

The one's who got them to and stabilised in the PL are going to be earning 25 - 40k a week, while that's probably more than they thought could ever earn all of a sudden they have player's coming in being paid 3 or 4 times more than them. How can you get any unity or togetherness with these disparities ?. That's the coach drivers problem , let's hope it's nothing trivial. 

Plus there's a difference in the attitude of players he's bought up from lge1 to the premiership who've bought into his ideas and had the success doing it from players used to playing in the big leagues have Wilder shouting at them and them saying yeah right Chris

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kelham Owl said:

I would prefer to be in their meltdown than ours. They have a few million quid to get relegated with, we have nowt.

Spent most of it though on sub par players

48 minutes ago, paulrs said:

Their god awful run does give me a modicum of amusement. 

Correct me if I’m wrong but if you include the league cup and the end of last season isn’t it P14 D1 L13 ?? That’s actually as bad a run as I can remember any top flight team having... ever. They were lucky to get the draw they got as well.

Fortunate for them that three other teams have started almost as badly. One win and they could be out of the bottom three, which is incredible really. 

As I said earlier that could be what's keeping Wilder in his job

Chris Wilder was asked if he feared for his job after the 1-0 defeat to West Ham. It’s worth remembering where Sheffield United were before he took over — 11th in League One

What difference does that even make . They aren't eleventh in league one now and have spent over a hundred million and are in the prem . Any other manager they'd have their shoes off . 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Got a right strop on here. 

He's not very good at hiding the fact he's pi55ed off, is he? 

Reckon he's got a stressball under that desk? 

I half expected him to pull a twenty quid note out of his pocket

Going on how he answered it, he is under pressure. There is no guarantee he could take them back up. The basis of the team has been broken. There are high earners an there are not so high earners.

If the high earners appear to not be pulling their weight then it causes division, possibly something that happened in our squad.

Edited by DobbinTheDonkey
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 0114 said:

They’ve bulldozed their way into the PL playing a certain way and this is the first time they’ve really struggled.

Teams have sussed out their system and Wilder’s PL recruitment has been awful. If he wasn’t a Blade he would be under massive pressure. 

He’s under pressure, real pressure

His Royal Humbleness was distinctly tetchy in one interview I heard where interviewer said something along the lines ‘you must be pleased to at least have created some chances today having not created any in the past few games’ 

I hope they back him heavily in the next transfer window ... He’ll sign yet more grossly over priced mediocrity and then they’ll then be royally screwed financially 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, paulrs said:

What nobody mentions is the remarkable good luck they had with injuries in previous seasons. None of their first choice players missed a significant amount of games for two years.

Now O’Connell gets badly injured and Wilder ends up shuffling his team around more than he’s ever done before and lo and behold results go down the toilet. 

Bearing in mind we had catastrophic injuries ourselves during that period (15 players unavailable for our last game at the sty wasn’t it?) I genuinely think that if the roles had been reversed injuries wise we’d be ahead of them now. 

Don't think they've got many injuries even now , certainly not as many as us.

5 hours ago, Owlstastic said:

Wilder has just said they miss home fans more than any other team in the Prem. 

Bless. 

image.png

Because we all know utd fans have more pashun than any other fans 

1 hour ago, ChinaOwl said:

But they do have the excuse that they have played teams that are currently in a different stratosphere to us and run them close results wise. Whilst we've been turned over by Luton, Rotherham and Wycombe.

I assume you haven't watched them this season because they haven't played well in a single game so far. Even their sole point they didn't deserve. Fulham completely outplayed them

• Like 1

Last season was awful as we plummeted fown the league and they looked like getting into Europe but you always feel with the pigs that they'll find a way to foook things up spectacularly. Let's hope it's this season and they end up with massive financial problems as a result.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

Got a right strop on here. 

He's not very good at hiding the fact he's pi55ed off, is he? 

Reckon he's got a stressball under that desk? 

He says he hasn’t been sacked after 20 years, 911 games. Next question should have been, how many 14 game runs have you gone over that period without winning?

looks like a man under pressure.

6 minutes ago, smhouston said:

It is fair to say that I have not watched any of their games or had any inclination to. I have just followed the results of games. The scorelines against to top clubs in the division bar perhaps Chelsea have been respectable albeit losses. Maybe the scorelines didn't reflect the performances but I am loathe to chuckle too loudly when we are getting ripped a new ass off the likes of Rotherham.

A yoonited mate said to me earlier "at least you lot have acted early and given Pulis a chance to turn things around. We''ll get rid of Wilder when it's too late".

He is actually jealous of us. Mind you he also said the only man for the job is Howe  lol.

I think he meant Eddie and not Don.

• Haha 2

I wonder if having spent all their future tv money, Prince Charmin might be tempted to gamble on a new gaffer keeping them up this season if they’re still in with a shot of stopping up. Unbelievable really that they’re only 3 points off safety after getting a single point from 9 games, typical spawny pigs

• Like 1