The Humble Club - Abhorrence Of Arabia

Big Malc

Just now, Essix Blue said:

Slightly skewed tho. They’re a new team to the league so need to spend serious - if they intend on staying there 

They've still spent big though.

Got 50 million pounds worth of strikers in McBurnie and Brewster. 25 million on Berge too.

Wilder has been backed plenty.

• Like 1

Just now, SiJ said:

They've still spent big though.

Got 50 million pounds worth of strikers in McBurnie and Brewster. 25 million on Berge too.

Wilder has been backed plenty.

Also, they like us and others are getting no revenue other than tv money so they've spent their parachute money and then some.

Just now, darra said:

Also, they like us and others are getting no revenue other than tv money so they've spent their parachute money and then some.

I think they've taken out a few loans which are secured against future tv income.

As we know, most fees are rarely one lump sum, so there's a chance they could go down and still be paying off a number of fees.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

Over 2 summers? That’s not a lot is it for a PL club

That's just transfer fees. Wage hikes for all staff already there, signing on bonuses and agents fees will all have sky rocketed too. 

It's a lot. Especially in the current economic climate 

6 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

That's just transfer fees. Wage hikes for all staff already there, signing on bonuses and agents fees will all have sky rocketed too. 

It's a lot. Especially in the current economic climate 

It's also a lot for a club that aren't all that wealthy.

The Prince isn't worth a great deal in football terms.

We ain't talking Wolves' or Leicester's owners.

47 minutes ago, 0wl18 said:

I find it interesting when people skate the fact that Mcgoldrick starts for them. He’s not a bad player, usually offers more than the likes of Mcburnie and, Brewster when I’ve seen them.

Don't think it is so much a slight on McGoldrick, more the fact they have spent over £50M on 3 strikers only to realise McGoldrick is still a better option than all of them.

46 minutes ago, H2Owl said:

It's the lack of fans lol

Strange considering I'm sure I read somewhere that last season they average more points per game at home after lockdown than they did with fans in the ground. 

15 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Don't think it is so much a slight on McGoldrick, more the fact they have spent over £50M on 3 strikers only to realise McGoldrick is still a better option than all of them.

Wilder has done a great job, but he’s had a mare in the transfer market. I wouldn’t trust him to do my big shop 

Edited by Django
  • Like 1