The Humble Club - Abhorrence Of Arabia

Big Malc

13 minutes ago, scram said:

I honestly dont get why so many people were going weak at the knees about Wilder

Loads - and i mean loads of managers have done what he has done

If is as good as so many reckon then now he'll prove it

Disagree. He’s done a brilliant job. From where they were, after Clough, Atkins etc you can’t deny his record is excellent. They got schooled  today, and looked a poor side but Chelsea’s squad is mental. 

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, scram said:

I honestly dont get why so many people were going weak at the knees about Wilder

Loads - and i mean loads of managers have done what he has done

If is as good as so many reckon then now he'll prove it

Loads? 

Really? He took an average team from spending 5 years in division 3 to the Premier League in 3 seasons and then to 9th place in the top division.

Glad to see him struggling now that the money he has spent is looking well wasted and he got a fair few transfers wrong along the way too but I doubt there are loads of managers who managed what he did in the time frame he did.

He's a thrower though! 

5 minutes ago, vulva said:

Disagree. He’s done a brilliant job. From where they were, after Clough, Atkins etc you can’t deny his record is excellent. They got schooled  today, and looked a poor side but Chelsea’s squad is mental. 

Not done any better than Adkins at Southampton or Lambert at Norwich.

Can't deny he's done a great job getting them there, but all doesn't seem right in the camp with Lundstram et al.

Kept a bunch of players in a system that they knew and suited them, and got them working unbelievably hard. For some reason they thought they needed to spend a shed load of money, and Wilder cannot seem to do it. 

Exactly what happened last time they went up - bought all them clubs around the world and spent stupid amounts of money which then buggered them until, ironically, Wilder came about. 

5 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

If you had a £50 bet, would you put it on them staying up or going down? Gonna be 3rd week of November when they play again.

Bottom of league with one point.

Just checked oddschecker and you only get 1/5 for them to stay up as opposed to 11/10 for them to go down... so I’d obviously put it on them going down!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Loads? 

Really? He took an average team from spending 5 years in division 3 to the Premier League in 3 seasons and then to 9th place in the top division.

Glad to see him struggling now that the money he has spent is looking well wasted and he got a fair few transfers wrong along the way too but I doubt there are loads of managers who managed what he did in the time frame he did.

He's a thrower though! 

Nigel Adkins and Paul Lambert took Southampton and Norwich from League 1 to the Prem in consecutive seasons 

I don't thik you can deny he's done a damn good job. I'd swap managers right now in a heartbeat, although there's lots of worse manager than Wilder who I'd swap for Monk. They ended up bottom of L1 & built from there. Although  pig mate of mine believes he stumbled across the formula of the attacking wing backs and it just happened to keep working. Promoted to the top division in 3 years is not to be sniffed at though.

I'm not convinced his transfers are the best by any means though since promotion, but time will tell. They've had a bad run of fixtures no doubt, but they need to start showing they deserve to be there.

Hope it goes t1ts up though.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Django said:

Nigel Adkins and Paul Lambert took Southampton and Norwich from League 1 to the Prem in consecutive seasons 

So you've gone back a decade to name 2 managers.

I don't think either of those teams had spent 5 seasons wallowing in division 3 when they took over and neither managed to finish 9th in the first season in the PL, in fact Adkins got the boot with Southampton hovering around the relegation zone.

I feel a bit dirty putting a defence up for him but he has a good record as a manager. Do you think Monk would have got them to where they are? 

1 hour ago, TrickyTrev said:

The Premier League clubs with the lowest points totals ever:

7. Watford (1999-2000)

6. Norwich City (2019/20)

5. Sunderland (2002-03)

4. Aston Villa (2015-16)

3. Huddersfield Town (2018/19)

2. Sunderland (2005/06)

1. Derby County (2007-08)

Most of those had at least 4 points from their first 8 games too. 

• Like 1