The Humble Club - Abhorrence Of Arabia

Big Malc

8 hours ago, BIG D said:

I don’t think they’re stronger than Burnley 

Agreed. 

I don't think Burnley will be panicking. They've been in this situation before and come out of it. 

They are used to a battle and a scrap. 

Dem Blades under Wilder have pretty much been on an upwards trajectory since the day he walked in. This is their first scrap in a while and they are missing some key players who have been so crucial to their recent success. 

Edited by SiJ

You'd have to think that Man U will get their act together and start climbing the table leaving 3 from 5 to go down. They've been lucky that nobody has pulled away at the bottom of the league.

2 hours ago, darra said:

You'd have to think that Man U will get their act together and start climbing the table leaving 3 from 5 to go down. They've been lucky that nobody has pulled away at the bottom of the league.

Whatever happens in today's Fulham v WBA game they'll be 3 points behind 4th bottom, 4 if WBA win - but it'll no doubt be another draw to suit them. Could do with WBA winning to put them 5 points ahead of them especially as they're playing them soon, but I bet they don't.

You'd think that after 1 point from 7 games they'd be in much worse trouble than 1 win from safety but that's just how it is.

• Like 2

Brighton v Burnley Friday night. Could start getting cut adrift if they don’t turn this round sharpish. Couple of tricky ones after Chelsea that they really can’t afford to lose or the shoes will be coming off. 

They will win their next game. The scruffy binman will give the speech of a lifetime;

"Where did we come from lads, eh? Look at us now.

I used to have to get up at 4.30 to get on the lorry for 5am. I had to choose which dour grey jacket to wear and get stuck in. A proper working man.

You've all had to pull ourselves up from being average League 1 footballers to being everyone's second favourite team. A proper working man's team.

Now where are we? Signing £20m+ players while still staying humble. That's the Bladesman way.

All these other teams who havent spent as much as us have bought their way to the top but not us! We've done this the right way by not spending loads of money.

Lets go and show these bunch of arrogant, rich, southerners what it's like against Tuftyba... I mean, the Sheff Yoonited Way!

Let's go and kick it at some hands and win some penalties. Come on lads!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

People talk about an extremely difficult first quarter of the season.

Don't forget they have to play these teams for a 2nd time.

Exactly, and when they played Fulham they still looked pants and was extremely fortunate to even get a point!