The Humble Club - Abhorrence Of Arabia

Big Malc

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

Niclas Alexandersson was a good player for us at that level, didn't stop us being relegated. Berge is steady enough on the ball, tidy. I'd want a bit more than that for £22M

Fair enough. From what I have seen he plays with his head up (sounds basic but lots don’t), has the physical attributes and is composed.

Bigger clubs were interested in him, I get the impression they were happy for pigs to get him, use it as an audition, then buy him from then if he passes it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Fair enough. From what I have seen he plays with his head up (sounds basic but lots don’t), has the physical attributes and is composed.

Bigger clubs were interested in him, I get the impression they were happy for pigs to get him, use it as an audition, then buy him from then if he passes it.

I agree Berge does look decent always appears to have plenty of time on the ball. He'll be playing in the PL for some time. Who for however is a different matter.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Composed = tidy.

Doesn't create many goal scoring opportunities for all his keeping his head up, doesn't score many and his manager recently said he isn't all that effective in the tackle, for all his apparent physical attributes he uses them about as effectively at Petr Rudi. 

26 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Composed = tidy.

Doesn't create many goal scoring opportunities for all his keeping his head up, doesn't score many and his manager recently said he isn't all that effective in the tackle, for all his apparent physical attributes he uses them about as effectively at Petr Rudi. 

Again, fair enough. If pigs go down this season 🤞🤞🤞 he’ll go to another premier league club in my opinion.

12 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Again, fair enough. If pigs go down this season 🤞🤞🤞 he’ll go to another premier league club in my opinion.

I don't doubt he will. Some teams at that level will benefit from a metronome who can pass tidily and keep things ticking over. Not sure he suits how Utd played most effectively last season and their results certainly haven't improved with him in the side.  

4 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

The reasonable pigs (an oxymoron I know) think he’ll eventually play a bit further forward.

Personally, I can see him being a very good player (as the price tag would suggest). Unlikely it will be at them though as if they go down he’ll be sold, and if he’s good he’ll be sold.

I can't see it myself, being a very good player that is. He isn't even their best midfielder.

I have a friend who does a lot of scouting for Arsenal and the general consensus was he lacks the drive and winning mentality to be a top player.

1 minute ago, Owlinmad said:

I can't see it myself, being a very good player that is. He isn't even their best midfielder.

I have a friend who does a lot of scouting for Arsenal and the general consensus was he lacks the drive and winning mentality to be a top player.

I can perhaps see that..the attributes without the belief / mentality.

2 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

I can perhaps see that..the attributes without the belief / mentality.

You wouldn't believe how the top clubs look into the players mental state etc and not just their football skills when scouting them.

Many clubs even send body language experts to watch a player.

It's a whole different level now days.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, marshy said:

Think Wilder will be sattisfied with the prtformance to be fair.

More commitment this time, and a decent performance considering the standard of the opposition.

Some of the build-up play was good, to be fair.

But the final balls were poor.

That's what sorts the wheat from the chaff, and costs the earth.

United look much more like a promoted team this season than they did last.

Wilder will have all on to keep them in the division.

I think Berge looks a good player, but I don’t think he’s a perfect player for them.

For all his talent I actually think he detracts a bit from their play, lowers their intensity...and they’ve changed things up to fit him in.

They should sell him in January for a profit and go back to a formula that works for them

Guest Bulgaria
15 hours ago, smhouston said:

What was Brewster like tonight?

He was invisible, but still had more touches than Jack Marriott did yesterday.