The Humble Club - Abhorrence Of Arabia

Big Malc

12 minutes ago, gableratchet said:

Seems strange the situation with Norwood in that he's twice achieved promotion with two separate clubs but never played in the Premier league with those clubs. Now it seems that he's out of favour for the blunts, could it be that he's just a really good championship player but not good enough for the Prem. 

From what I saw of them last year he was one of their better players - think he probably has been sacrificed as Berge is more mobile, and in the prem the thinking is you can't have a kind of 'quarterback' style (hate that term) player whose main role is pinging passes but with not much else. Probably why Bannan has never really made it in the top flight. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, gableratchet said:

Seems strange the situation with Norwood in that he's twice achieved promotion with two separate clubs but never played in the Premier league with those clubs. Now it seems that he's out of favour for the blunts, could it be that he's just a really good championship player but not good enough for the Prem. 

Eh? He played every game last season !

• Haha 1

I think they look a poorer team for not having Norwood in the side. 

Perhaps he lacks a bit of mobility, but he has a great range of passing and has good delivery from set plays, the latter being a rather important part of Dem Blades success last season. 

Honestly, not seen anything from that Berge lad yet. Big enough unit, but not overly dominant in a physical sense, seems to like passing it sideways a lot. 

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I think they look a poorer team for not having Norwood in the side. 

Perhaps he lacks a bit of mobility, but he has a great range of passing and has good delivery from set plays, the latter being a rather important part of Dem Blades success last season. 

Honestly, not seen anything from that Berge lad yet. Big enough unit, but not overly dominant in a physical sense, seems to like passing it sideways a lot. 

Thought the same about Berge.

They all go on about how easy he makes stuff look? It's not difficult to jog around and pass sideways. He doesn't seem like much of a ball winner either, nor does he attempt to take players on or create attacks.

Rather have Fleck or Norwood, any day of the week.

6 hours ago, Skyline said:

Few ruffled feathers from their support. Frustration is starting to show.

Norwood benched all season, yet most say he's their stand out player. 

Berge not looking like creating much. Seems comfortable on the ball, brings it forward quite well but not seen much from him creative wise. 

Lundstrum was slated in the press by CW for wanting a better contract yet still starting every game. 

Would that be the same CW that extorts a better contract for himself every season?

• Like 2

I've had a couple of season now where pigs have been telling me that they play this incredible system where any player that knows it can look great. They have to know it though so new signings can't just come in and play. They've made 120 million quids worth of new signings so maybe that's why they're struggling. They aren't lower league battling humble hungry passionate workmen any more. They're fancy Dan overpaid mercenaries now like they used to abhor and vilify in post game interviews when they'd lost. Long may their crap start continue. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

I've had a couple of season now where pigs have been telling me that they play this incredible system where any player that knows it can look great. They have to know it though so new signings can't just come in and play. They've made 120 million quids worth of new signings so maybe that's why they're struggling. They aren't lower league battling humble hungry passionate workmen any more. They're fancy Dan overpaid mercenaries now like they used to abhor and vilify in post game interviews when they'd lost. Long may their crap start continue. 

Very good summary of the situation....the foreign mercaneries are unlikely to put the same effort in as those from league one who are literally living the dream and know it

Without the 120% commitment and passhun they aren't as effective, so will have to evolve their style of play, if they can

• Like 1

Come on lads and lasses and everyone in between let's get operation windup started. Send a few messages out saying you've heard Wilder is under huge pressure to beat Fulham as the Prince doesn't think he's the right man to keep the club up with his new signings having limited impact so far. 

50 minutes ago, bradowl said:

He reminds me of Adam Reach way he runs and tackles. 

Like a great big fairy. 

You’re right. He does have the look of Reach about him. Big lad and no doubt talented but completely lacking in aggression to be a top player