The Humble Club - Abhorrence Of Arabia

Big Malc

2 hours ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Maybe its the same person who wrote this

'RE: Sheffield Wednesday V Wycombe Wanderers'

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am a Blade, a Sheffield United fan. This season has been one of the most enjoyable I have so far in the 27 years of supporting The Blades home and away. Last weekend also spoilt it quite a bit for me as we didn’t quite get the result we wanted and so The Owls nicked 2nd spot with one game remaining meaning we need to beat Exeter City on Saturday and hope your football club pull off an amazing feat and spoil their ALREADY PLANNED promotion party.

I understand, despite your relegation, you are a good team on your day as you showed us when we came down to your ground earlier on in the season and beat us fair and square. I am just praying you can overcome the understandable sadness and being relegated and really rally yourselves to beat the overly arrogant Owls on their own patch.

Their fans already believe they’re up, they’ve already beaten you apparently and that your ‘Tin-Pot’ club has not even a chance on Saturday.

WELL LET ME TELL YOU THIS WYCOMBE WANDERERS F.C – YOU DO HAVE A CHANCE, PLENTY OF CLUBS INCLUDING EXETER HAVE BEATEN THEM THIS SEASON AND THERE IS NO REASON YOU CANNOT DO THE SAME.

PLEASE, play with your heads held high, chests out bursting with pride as you are a professional club and good one at that. You will all be in Blades’ hearts forever should you win at Hillsborough and how nice would it be to silence 35,000 arrogant fans in the stands who just see you see you as a given.

I will be praying you win and pull this off.

Yours in hope

3145j9.jpg.cdd02c3a92eb419e9a1d605f5be6e1b9.jpg

• Haha 6

30 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

Rhian Brewster sounds about as happy to go to Sheffield United as I do about a surprise a trip to the mother -in -laws.

Poor lad is absolutely devastated.

Other lads at his age and talent level are going to the Bundesliga and Serie A .

He's gone to the second biggest club in Sheffield. 

Doubts being cast on the radio yesterday morning. Said he was a good championship player but could he successfully make the move to the premier league?

Mentioned on MOTD2 last night that after Fulham they have Liverpool, Man City and Chelsea. Could be that if they lose to Fulham they could have played almost a quarter of the season and not get a point.

13 minutes ago, darra said:

Doubts being cast on the radio yesterday morning. Said he was a good championship player but could he successfully make the move to the premier league?

Mentioned on MOTD2 last night that after Fulham they have Liverpool, Man City and Chelsea. Could be that if they lose to Fulham they could have played almost a quarter of the season and not get a point.

Oh I can only wish!!! lol 

1 hour ago, Bannofan said:

Rhian Brewster sounds about as happy to go to Sheffield United as I do about a surprise a trip to the mother -in -laws.

Poor lad is absolutely devastated.

Other lads at his age and talent level are going to the Bundesliga and Serie A .

He's gone to the second biggest club in Sheffield. 

Wow! Didn't know we'd signed him for the Development Squad!

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Matt_1 said:

To have a must win game this early on in the season is brilliant.

I hope Michael Jackson is looking down on Fulham and gives them some good fortune.

They will get something against Fulham, they have been unlucky so far this year.... apparently

Probably get a VAR penalty for handball against Hector

1 hour ago, Adem Poric said:

They will smash Fulham. Tufty the Binman will have them riled up. He'll drop Berge and go all out battle mode. 

I think so too. In fact I'd be amazed if they didn't, as after that they have some hard games where points are quite unlikely and the Premiership can soon get away from you.

Having seen some of the results so far this season I'm not sure if their next 4 or 5 games are hard or not. Looking like anyone can beat anyone so law of averages says the pigs will snag a win here or  there. Even if they don't beat Fulham they'll have a chance against the others. 

Personally I hope every other prem team returns from the break with their heads screwed on right but the pigs carry on moaning about fairness. Be nice to see em down in February pretty much. 

I still think they'll be alright and end up in midtable by grinding out a few tight wins, but the bad (I mean good, obviously!) start means that they're already playing catch-up on teams that they'd have reasonably expected to be finishing above - after just 4 games they're 9 points behind Villa, 7 behind Leeds and Newcastle, and 6 behind Southampton, Palace and West Ham. They're already 8 points down on the points they gained from the equivalent fixtures last season (if you swap Leeds for Bournemouth). Fulham is already looking like a must win game with a few tough games following it, so if they're still looking for a first win by late November, or even if they beat Fulham but still find themselves adrift by then, it puts added pressure even on what should be easier games.

3 hours ago, Ronnie Starling said:

They might break Derby's fewest points total of 14 in a season. They could put it on the honours board.

Commemorative patch at the very least

Few ruffled feathers from their support. Frustration is starting to show.

Norwood benched all season, yet most say he's their stand out player. 

Berge not looking like creating much. Seems comfortable on the ball, brings it forward quite well but not seen much from him creative wise. 

Lundstrum was slated in the press by CW for wanting a better contract yet still starting every game. 

On 04/10/2020 at 15:30, HullOwlPhil said:

Can't say I've watched much of United since they were promoted, I barely bother with football at all these days. But that Berge looks like a right waste of space, trotting around like he can't be àrsed.

Funny you say that. I mentioned in a group with some blunt mates the other day about how their money signings have been really poor, yet they say Berge is absolutely amazing and so is Mousse (if he can keep fit). Their recuitment in the past 18 months has been really smart with them bringing upgrades on their existing players

Personally thought Berge looks average every time I've seen him. He can move up the pitch very quickly but offers naff all

Seems strange the situation with Norwood in that he's twice achieved promotion with two separate clubs but never played in the Premier league with those clubs. Now it seems that he's out of favour for the blunts, could it be that he's just a really good championship player but not good enough for the Prem.