The Humble Club - Abhorrence Of Arabia

Big Malc

31 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

The most frightening thing is they are miles in front of us

Every time they and we have been miles ahead of each other, the tide has turned at some point, throughout the history of Sheffield football.

Last time they were in the PL, bragging about being light years ahead, they spent 6 of the next 10 years in League One.  They're already on their way back down after the "best season ever" (9th!). 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I’ve watched every City game this season and I don’t think Stones when he’s played has put a foot wrong. 

Every game? 

I've watched a lot of them but that's some commitment, especially when they have kicked off or overlapped at the same time as us a few games. 

4 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Every time they and we have been miles ahead of each other, the tide has turned at some point, throughout the history of Sheffield football.

Last time they were in the PL, bragging about being light years ahead, they spent 6 of the next 10 years in League One.  They're already on their way back down after the "best season ever" (9th!). 

We would still be above them now if Chansiri had brains to match his money.

5 hours ago, SiJ said:

I'll say it again:

If he was a foreign manager, he'd get absolute pelters.

Remember how the likes of Carlos and Jos were treated when things started to go really wrong? 

Pretty much ridiculed, constantly asked about their future.

Staggering double standards.

Not with Cwissy Wilder though. No, he is just a bit unlucky and cause they've had a few good seasons he is beyond criticism. 150 million down the tubes. Only Lowe out of the new recruits looks half decent.

Do you mean Bogle?

Lowe has hardly featured and the only win he has played in is the West Brom one. 

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Do you mean Bogle?

Lowe has hardly featured and the only win he has played in is the West Brom one. 

Perhaps.

One of the two new wing backs has looked half decent.

46 minutes ago, CalmJimmers said:

That's because they have spent no money at all whatsoever and you aren't allowed to say otherwise OK. 

You aren't allowed to say that he's brought in several high cost flops, it is not allowed it is against the rules. 

You can't mention that they have spent north of 9 figures it is not allowed. They are unlucky and that's that OK. 

They beat West Brom and Wilder loves dem blayads and would do it for free if he could, but he can't so he needs a new contract and signing on bonus every 12 months. But you aren't allowed to talk about that either. 

Read this today. Based on net spend over the last 10 transfer windows, the pigs are 21st in the whole of Europe and are the 12th highest net spenders in England. They perhaps haven't been established at the top level long enough to sell anyone on for decent money but to say they've only been earning the big money for 4 of those windows, they've spunkedd an impressive amount for a club making out they can't compete. Another Wilder myth that will be thrown back at them every time they win in the championship next season. 

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/man-city-have-the-biggest-net-spend-in-the-last-10-transfer-windows-as-top-25-is-named/ar-BB1duM0z

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Every game? 

I've watched a lot of them but that's some commitment, especially when they have kicked off or overlapped at the same time as us a few games. 

I’ve watched every City game this season yes. 

Fantasy football has me hooked this year and I have 3 City players.

lol

38 minutes ago, alanharper said:

I was  just judging in terms of what's on the pitch as a team we are miles behind and there doesn't look like a plan to make that gap smaller

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bladeshater said:

I was  just judging in terms of what's on the pitch as a team we are miles behind and there doesn't look like a plan to make that gap smaller

How is 3 wins in 23 games light years ahead of anyone?

9 hours ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

The inbreds are on football heaven claiming Werner deliberately smashed Rambo in the face with his knee/thigh 

Probably the same ones that thought that Werner’s one was never a penalty, but McBurnie overrunning and then seeking contact a few mins later was a stonewaller. 

McBurnie is getting smarter though. Managed to dive this time without injuring himself. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, TheBoyBeevers said:

Probably the same ones that thought that Werner’s one was never a penalty, but McBurnie overrunning and then seeking contact a few mins later was a stonewaller. 

McBurnie is getting smarter though. Managed to dive this time without injuring himself. 

That is the impact of coaching for you....one area of improvement for them. Although McBurney clearly didn't get the memo that the humble ones don't stoop as low as to indulge in the'dark arts' it's only other teams that do that

How did he injure himself....oh yes diving for a penalty.....more spin from wilder that they believe without question

11 minutes ago, Nostalgic Owl said:

The bottom 3 in Premiership this season are nowhere near the standard required.

And once the pigs are down there is no guarentee they will go up again.

The light years arrogance has bit them again

Twats

As it stands they will be going down with 2 teams who are better than them (albeit not by much). Let them keep it up it will be even harder to swallow for them if they struggle. 

Also no idea how the chairman will react to relegation. Can he afford to risk spending and missing out on promotion? 

1 hour ago, bladeshater said:

Because there's an absolute gulf between the bottom of premiership to the championship

Based on what? 

As things stand, you've got Norwich who have stepped up and both Bournemouth and Watford faltering.

Put it this way:

If Shef U (assuming they are done for) go into the Champ with that sort of mindset, they'll be quickly found out.

Edited by SiJ

2 hours ago, bladeshater said:

Because there's an absolute gulf between the bottom of premiership to the championship

So how come Watford and Bournemouth aren't walking the league with Norwich if there's such a gulf?

How come we've done the double over Bournemouth?