Jump to content

The Humble Club - Abhorrence Of Arabia


Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, BIG D said:

As it stands 4th bottom are heading for 40 points.

At the momoment for the Scrubbers to get 40 points it means they need to pick up points at the rate Leicester have so far this season.

 

United, at PL level, are a very poor team indeed.

 

In fact they're poo.

 

They're one of the poorest I've ever seen at that level.

 

They're a much weaker side in the PL than we are in the Championship.

 

My point is that although their situation has been hopeless for weeks on end, and they've often been outclassed, they're not getting hit for three and four every game.

 

If our lot's situation becomes hopeless, judging by Saturdays efforts, I'm far less certain that we'd only be getting edged out by the odd goal, outclassed or not.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If anything, the fact Dem Blades have supposedly played ok, and are still rock bottom with three league wins all season, points towards the fact they are completely out of their depth.

 

Top teams win when playing poorly.

 

Poor teams struggle to win when they play well.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

 

United, at PL level, are a very poor team indeed.

 

In fact they're poo.

 

They're one of the poorest I've ever seen at that level.

 

They're a much weaker side in the PL than we are in the Championship.

 

My point is that although their situation has been hopeless for weeks on end, and they've often been outclassed, they're not getting hit for three and four every game.

 

If our lot's situation becomes hopeless, judging by Saturdays efforts, I'm far less certain that we'd only be getting edged out by the odd goal, outclassed or not.

Agreed, although they lose most weeks, they have a backbone & fight regardless. We sadly lack that and just capitulate far too often. I hope that who ever comes in is able to install a fighting mentality in the side. It will certainly have to come through changes to the squad, bacause if we go down we will need it. Like last time, everyone will want to hammer us.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bigdan2003 said:

Stolen from Twitter. Made me chuckle. 
 

6FE0CE82-93E2-413D-A417-CECC0BB08093.thumb.jpeg.efc93f13cc1850e248d5745b94818954.jpeg

 

397897C9-C548-4D7B-AAEB-4E40056B3849.thumb.jpeg.303e2f14f213926c5accd81170156295.jpeg

 

1681F546-18FC-488C-847E-DFB9B1906D2E.thumb.jpeg.0fc656fc787fdd3930ca3e3ca414d0ac.jpeg

 

"Best transfer window ever", the words of Wilder himself. 

 

Spent £50m+ turning a 9th place team into a 20th place team.

 

That's pigonomics. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll say it again:

 

If he was a foreign manager, he'd get absolute pelters.

 

Remember how the likes of Carlos and Jos were treated when things started to go really wrong? 

 

Pretty much ridiculed, constantly asked about their future.

 

Staggering double standards.

 

Not with Cwissy Wilder though. No, he is just a bit unlucky and cause they've had a few good seasons he is beyond criticism. 150 million down the tubes. Only Lowe out of the new recruits looks half decent.

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I'll say it again:

 

If he was a foreign manager, he'd get absolute pelters.

 

Remember how the likes of Carlos and Jos were treated when things started to go really wrong? 

 

Pretty much ridiculed, constantly asked about their future.

 

Staggering double standards.

 

Not with Cwissy Wilder though. No, he is just a bit unlucky and cause they've had a few good seasons he is beyond criticism. 150 million down the tubes. Only Lowe out of the new recruits looks half decent.

He's being saved by the one of our own mantra. Local boy done good

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, darra said:

He's being saved by the one of our own mantra. Local boy done good

Pretty much.

 

He's clearly got the local press by the balls and seems to have a lot of mates in the mainstream media.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, darra said:

He's being saved by the one of our own mantra. Local boy done good

And the fact that they haven't turned on him, actually don't look like they are going to, who is largely because of this

 

It is quite astounding how much they lap up his comments (probably because initially they were anti-wednesday) as being the whole truth and conveniently don't question when it is total testicles or a smoke screen....he has them completely on the hook

 

If he does leave the next incumbent is going to have a very hard time getting them that much onside, could see them getting through a few managers in short time

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, marshy said:

Agreed, although they lose most weeks, they have a backbone & fight regardless. We sadly lack that and just capitulate far too often. I hope that who ever comes in is able to install a fighting mentality in the side. It will certainly have to come through changes to the squad, bacause if we go down we will need it. Like last time, everyone will want to hammer us.

 

And this is my greatest fear.

 

With Paixao in charge of recruitment, we're in the brown stuff IMO.

 

We need a manager with a sound knowledge of the lower leagues choosing which players to recruit.

 

Cook has that knowledge, although I appreciate that not everybody on this site favours him.

 

And no matter how plop Wilder's recruitment at PL level has been - although I think that United's paltry wage structure has hampered him and limited his options to some extent - his recruitment prior to that was reasonably good.

 

For Wilder to have recruited well at PL level he'd have had to have known the European leagues well, or someone else would have had to assist him.

 

The absence of the latter is down to Abhorrence.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Django said:

They won’t 

 

Journos seem scared of him, especially the local ones

 

Anyone remember Giddings proper getting under Jos Luhukays skin in pre and post match interviews? Eventually Jos snapped and swore at him live in air. Nothing of the sort with Wilder 

 

Very strange 

Giddings and co would never upset poor humble Cwissy. Giddings probably still wants to give him a reacharound after last season's heroics. 

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Django said:

They won’t 

 

Journos seem scared of him, especially the local ones

 

Anyone remember Giddings proper getting under Jos Luhukays skin in pre and post match interviews? Eventually Jos snapped and swore at him live in air. Nothing of the sort with Wilder 

 

Very strange 


keys in pot 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, nbupperthongowl said:

And the fact that they haven't turned on him, actually don't look like they are going to, who is largely because of this

 

It is quite astounding how much they lap up his comments (probably because initially they were anti-wednesday) as being the whole truth and conveniently don't question when it is total testicles or a smoke screen....he has them completely on the hook

 

If he does leave the next incumbent is going to have a very hard time getting them that much onside, could see them getting through a few managers in short time

Maybe another factor is they're in the EPL so the local journos get to visit places like old Trafford Anfield et al?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

 

And no matter how plop Wilder's recruitment at PL level has been - although I think that United's paltry wage structure has hampered him and limited his options to some extent - his recruitment prior to that was reasonably good.

 

For Wilder to have recruited well at PL level he'd have had to have known the European leagues well, or someone else would have had to assist him.

 

The absence of the latter is down to Abhorrence.

 

So last season their paltry wage structure didn't matter, but this season when he made terrible decisions in the transfer market, suddenly its down to wage structure and not him wasting money

 

why do our supporters make so many excuses for him doing so badly this season, if that was a Wednesday manager we would be slaughtering them

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, A12owl said:

Klopp is getting criticised for their current form. 

Wilder gets praise for being unlucky. 

 

That's because they have spent no money at all whatsoever and you aren't allowed to say otherwise OK. 

 

You aren't allowed to say that he's brought in several high cost flops, it is not allowed it is against the rules. 

 

You can't mention that they have spent north of 9 figures it is not allowed. They are unlucky and that's that OK. 

 

They beat West Brom and Wilder loves dem blayads and would do it for free if he could, but he can't so he needs a new contract and signing on bonus every 12 months. But you aren't allowed to talk about that either. 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, the third man said:

 

So last season their paltry wage structure didn't matter, but this season when he made terrible decisions in the transfer market, suddenly its down to wage structure and not him wasting money

 

why do our supporters make so many excuses for him doing so badly this season, if that was a Wednesday manager we would be slaughtering them

 

I said it had affected recruitment to some extent, not entirely.

 

The fact that United's wage structure is amongst the lowest in the PL doesn't help recruitment, surely?

 

After all, Hooper, FF, and Fletcher must have been earning over £100 000 a week combined, and Carlos didn't get us up.

 

And since those three have left, due to a more modest wage structure, it looks like we'll finally get over the line after all.

 

The snag is, it's the wrong line.

 

lol

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

The most frightening thing is they are miles in front of us

Yes, we are all aware of that.

 

Though we may well be playing each other next season.

 

We will see.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...