The Humble Club - Abhorrence Of Arabia

Big Malc

11 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

The club released a statement in July:

https://www.sufc.co.uk/news/2020/july/statement-usg/

Sort of brushing it under the carpet - only the Australian arm of the group involved and not the company as a whole.......

Interesting then that when they originally released news of the sponsorship deal, the fact the company was Australian based was quite prominent in that statement:

https://www.sufc.co.uk/news/2019/june/usg-partnership/

Bit gutted that their next 2 games are on BT Sport, I don't subscribe to that so will miss the (hopeful) fun. We're playing tonight anyway but I could still have watched the second half with it being a late KO.

Brighton playing Fulham as well, which is interesting. Assuming the pork lose (although you never know as they're the world's in-form team having beaten a couple of League One level outfits plus Bristol Rovers) that means they'd be either 13 or 15 points from safety, or 10 behind 3rd bottom.

17 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Bit gutted that their next 2 games are on BT Sport, I don't subscribe to that so will miss the (hopeful) fun. We're playing tonight anyway but I could still have watched the second half with it being a late KO.

Brighton playing Fulham as well, which is interesting. Assuming the pork lose (although you never know as they're the world's in-form team having beaten a couple of League One level outfits plus Bristol Rovers) that means they'd be either 13 or 15 points from safety, or 10 behind 3rd bottom.

I had them 14 from safety if Brighton win AH. Newcastle drop down a place, on 19 pts.

23 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Their game against City is on Sky on Saturday, same time kick-off as us though. 

4 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

I had them 14 from safety if Brighton win AH. Newcastle drop down a place, on 19 pts.

Yeah you're right, I didn't look above Brighton. 14 points adrift tonight with Man City up next would still be perfectly acceptable though! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Their game against City is on Sky on Saturday, same time kick-off as us though. 

Ah, I knew there was some reason why I'd miss it.  tbh it'd be more entertaining watching them at City than us against those Preston shithouses. Suppose I could have them in the background on the Sky app on IPad. 

Guest Bulgaria

Kyle Walker scored again them, now Harry.

Nice to know the owls are not the only club that's cursed.

Maybe it's a Sheffield thing, because we both know how to completely fuuck things up don't we.