Jump to content

The Humble Club - Abhorrence Of Arabia


Recommended Posts

But they only lost 3-2 against Man Utd, i know it was only one goal off a massacre, but it means they have a chance against them and City now

 

6 points nothing less from the rejuvenated ones 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, beswetherick said:

5 points in the first 19 games, 45 points in the next 19. Seems totally reasonable

 

Sounds a bit like us in reverse from last season tbf.

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, beswetherick said:

5 points in the first 19 games, 45 points in the next 19. Seems totally reasonable

Worst points total in Premier league history to title winning form 
 

Textbook Pigonomics 

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the bit where he's shocked that he got them to 50 points.

 

You gave yourself 15 wins, you absolute berk. 

  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Django said:

To equal last seasons “best ever blades side” total of 54 points they need 49 points from their remaining 19 games 

 

or 16 wins 1 draw and 2 defeats

 

:duntmatter:

And to take the title of 2nd best blades side, they need another 10 wins to get to 17th 😂😂😂

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

 

We have been in and around the relegation zone all season mate, we are hardly the best side at this level.

 

I wouldn't say any of their players that played today showed that they are clearly above Championship standard and today is pretty much what they have offered all season. McGoldrick has been their best player. 

I wouldn't say their £18.5M goalkeeper looks much better than Dawson!

Burke, Basham and Stevens all played pretty well, as did McGoldrick. Fleck was decent too.

 

I'm loving what's happening to them, but if they keep the majority of their better players and reinvest what they may get for the likes of Berge then they'll be up there next season.

 

I'd like to see them change manager, because I still think Wilder is capable.of getting more out of those players than most

 

Hopefully they lose O'Connell (if he ever gets fit) because he is clearly a very big miss. 

 

Will be interesting to see what happens with the relegated sides this time round if we're still in a position  where gate receipts are limited. May be they need to offload their biggest earners at all costs. 

Edited by RUMBELOWS91
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Burke, Basham and Stevens all played pretty well, as did McGoldrick. Fleck was decent too.

 

I'm loving what's happening to them, but if they keep the majority of their better players and reinvest what they may get for the likes of Berge then they'll be up there next season.

 

I'd like to see them change manager, because I still think Wilder is capable.of getting more out of those players than most

 

Hopefully they lose O'Connell (if he ever gets fit) because he is clearly a very big miss. 

 

Will be interesting to see what happens with the relegated sides this time round if we're still in a position  where gate receipts are limited. May be they need to offload their biggest earners at all costs. 

 

They will be 3years older with their confidence shot instead of being on the up though

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Burke, Basham and Stevens all played pretty well, as did McGoldrick. Fleck was decent too.

 

I'm loving what's happening to them, but if they keep the majority of their better players and reinvest what they may get for the likes of Berge then they'll be up there next season.

 

 

 

tenor-90.gif

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Burke, Basham and Stevens all played pretty well, as did McGoldrick. Fleck was decent too.

 

I'm loving what's happening to them, but if they keep the majority of their better players and reinvest what they may get for the likes of Berge then they'll be up there next season.

 

I'd like to see them change manager, because I still think Wilder is capable.of getting more out of those players than most

 

Hopefully they lose O'Connell (if he ever gets fit) because he is clearly a very big miss. 

 

Will be interesting to see what happens with the relegated sides this time round if we're still in a position  where gate receipts are limited. May be they need to offload their biggest earners at all costs. 

 

Seems you were watching a different game to Souness, Keane and co. Burke runs about a lot, his end product all his career to date leaves a lot to be desired. Fleck put one good ball into the box, Stevens didn't stand out at all to me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, darra said:

Ramsdale seems to have mastered the art of diving a couple of seconds too early or too late when making a save.

 

He never moves his feet enough. Plenty of the goals he has conceded have been where he has basically dived from a rooted position, a bit of movement first and he could have saved a few of the goals he has conceded. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

They seem a bit weird on the £££ aspect.

 

Some have a really unbalanced view on what they get for parachute payments, and others totally objecting to the fact they've taken out loans based on income they are only guaranteed if they continue in the top flight.

 

They've already paid for the return of the infrastructure (they haven't, it's mortgaged up to the max)   

 

I think it's too early to get the popcorn out guys and girls, far too early.     The fun happens next season!

 

 

  • Like 1

You think you are having a bad day?   Look what this ship captain did!

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

 

He never moves his feet enough. Plenty of the goals he has conceded have been where he has basically dived from a rooted position, a bit of movement first and he could have saved a few of the goals he has conceded. 

 

I have a different but connected opinion... for me he never seems to have his positioning right so he's making minor adjustments at the point that shots are coming in, which means he's flat footed when it comes to actually diving for the ball.

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

 

He never moves his feet enough. Plenty of the goals he has conceded have been where he has basically dived from a rooted position, a bit of movement first and he could have saved a few of the goals he has conceded. 


I’m certainly no goalkeeping coach, but (from what I’ve seen) he has a massive trigger movement. Every keeper has them, but his is so significant that he almost seems to end up flat/wrong footed as when his feet plant after his trigger, his weight is too planted and he’s reacting a split second too late as well. 
 

Leaves him looking almost comically slow sometimes on the resultant dive. 
 

Biggest issue of all though is probably that he looks sh!t scared anytime that anybody, or the ball, comes near him. Which is, some might say, a bit of a problem :duntmatter:

 

£18m:tango:

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

They seem a bit weird on the £££ aspect.

 

Some have a really unbalanced view on what they get for parachute payments, and others totally objecting to the fact they've taken out loans based on income they are only guaranteed if they continue in the top flight.

 

They've already paid for the return of the infrastructure (they haven't, it's mortgaged up to the max)   

 

I think it's too early to get the popcorn out guys and girls, far too early.     The fun happens next season!

 

 

 

They were saying how they were "light years" ahead of us last season. I remember the last time they were banging on about being light years ahead of us the last time they were in the PL. They then spent 6 of the next 10 years in League 1. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...