The Humble Club - Abhorrence Of Arabia

Big Malc

28 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

The fizz has an intangible debate on something that cannot be proved and in opinions gone on for so long. 

******** gi or. Pigs are ********. Enjoy it. 

Side note, I don't think the comments about the players not been arsed etc is true. What I see is the majority of them are still busting their balls for the cause. They're just not very good. Like I've said before Burke gets in some really good positions then does nothing. Norwood and Fleck are getting less time this season and their touch isn't up to par, and teams have figured them out. 

No lack of effort generally just a huge lack of ability. Oh and Ramsdale 😂

Seriously?

This is Owlstalk, the home of pointless debate! 

30 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

The fizz has an intangible debate on something that cannot be proved and in opinions gone on for so long. 

******** gi or. Pigs are ********. Enjoy it. 

Side note, I don't think the comments about the players not been arsed etc is true. What I see is the majority of them are still busting their balls for the cause. They're just not very good. Like I've said before Burke gets in some really good positions then does nothing. Norwood and Fleck are getting less time this season and their touch isn't up to par, and teams have figured them out. 

No lack of effort generally just a huge lack of ability. Oh and Ramsdale 😂

Re your side note...what accounts for their success last year versus this year then (an enhanced squad)..are you saying Henderson?

2 hours ago, scram said:

Probably the worst team in PL history

Quite why that qualifies them as better than any team in the championship is pretty baffling tbf

Yes and they’ve just taken out a loan against their tv money up until 2023, meaning that’s their parachute payments already gone too.

3 minutes ago, Bluestripe said:

Re your side note...what accounts for their success last year versus this year then (an enhanced squad)..are you saying Henderson?

Henderson somewhat, momentum that then picks up some result gets confidence flowing, and teams not having seen much of the system before. 

Perfect storm of over achievement, not improving, cohesion upset by new signings, losing best player and being worked out. Shame that 

2 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

Henderson somewhat, momentum that then picks up some result gets confidence flowing, and teams not having seen much of the system before. 

Perfect storm of over achievement, not improving, cohesion upset by new signings, losing best player and being worked out. Shame that 

You missed the 30,000 Pigs screaming with pashun?

27 minutes ago, WatfordOwl said:

Have to remember that the inflated contracts a lot of this squad will now be on following promotion to the PL will see them having to cut their wage bill drastically. 

Hardly likely their 'key' players (that aren't good enough for the PL) will want to take a drop, even if it does still mean playing for them and Wilder - with the exception of Sharp, none of them have ties to the club so hardly likely to stick around. 

It's a big call for the Prince and for Wilder tbh - stick or twist? I can't see Wilder walking, but it's whether or not dropping from the PL will see him backed again by the board given he's spanked £120m up the wall on players that haven't really made an impact for them. 

The likes of Norwich, WBA and Fulham have had the fallback of yo yoing for a good number of years, this is their 1st time back and I think they got over ambitious following last season. Ageing squad in some respects, a number of which have come up the leagues with them so they are now relying on reproducing the same again in the transfer market - is Wilder likely to strike it lucky again? Probably not. 

I think they were fully expecting to be relegated last season, so bought championship players. When it became clear that they were staying up they panicked (not by being too ambitious) by panic buying players 'better' than those they had been looking at previously.... with out doing the usual due diligence

Looking at their squad the only players I could see shifting in are, Baldock, O'Connell, Berge, Brewster Lundstram and maybe Egan or Basham if any lower end teams need back up CBs. 

Trouble with Baldock is he needs to play as a wing back cos he's not good enough in a 4, Lundstram is out of contract anyway. Not much money in them saleable assets. Maybe 30 million max, but with the inflated wage bill that won't last for long 

4 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

Looking at their squad the only players I could see shifting in are, Baldock, O'Connell, Berge, Brewster Lundstram and maybe Egan or Basham if any lower end teams need back up CBs. 

Trouble with Baldock is he needs to play as a wing back cos he's not good enough in a 4, Lundstram is out of contract anyway. Not much money in them saleable assets. Maybe 30 million max, but with the inflated wage bill that won't last for long 

Egan, O'Connell and basham all play in a 3 at the back and are suspect in a back 4...so a limited market for them, assuming O'Connell gets back fit

46 minutes ago, WatfordOwl said:

Have to remember that the inflated contracts a lot of this squad will now be on following promotion to the PL will see them having to cut their wage bill drastically. 

Hardly likely their 'key' players (that aren't good enough for the PL) will want to take a drop, even if it does still mean playing for them and Wilder - with the exception of Sharp, none of them have ties to the club so hardly likely to stick around. 

It's a big call for the Prince and for Wilder tbh - stick or twist? I can't see Wilder walking, but it's whether or not dropping from the PL will see him backed again by the board given he's spanked £120m up the wall on players that haven't really made an impact for them. 

The likes of Norwich, WBA and Fulham have had the fallback of yo yoing for a good number of years, this is their 1st time back and I think they got over ambitious following last season. Ageing squad in some respects, a number of which have come up the leagues with them so they are now relying on reproducing the same again in the transfer market - is Wilder likely to strike it lucky again? Probably not. 

Said it a while back some of the top earners and newer players agents will be working overtime to find their players a deal for next season. 

Leaving aside the leeds Utd choke which handed Pigs 2nd auto spot.....wilders shocking selection of new blood costing £120mill, let’s agree it’s been a disaster. 

Week upon week, players who created a record-breaking PL sequence of failure are now appearing on world football screens, with NO heart, no ambition.

With new depths of failure yet to plumb, isn’t talk about the market worth of sheff Utd football a joke?

7 hours ago, fudge27 said:

With Flaps Ramsdale between the sticks United's defence must be bricking it every time the opposition have the ball.

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

With Flaps Ramsdale between the sticks United's defence must be bricking it every time the opposition have the ball.

I can’t fathom out why they keep picking him. It’s clear as day that he just isn’t good enough. Every time the ball goes near him something happens. Don’t understand why Wilder hasn’t tried someone else. It might just be the trigger for an upturn in form. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, vulva said:

I can’t fathom out why they keep picking him. It’s clear as day that he just isn’t good enough. Every time the ball goes near him something happens. Don’t understand why Wilder hasn’t tried someone else. It might just be the trigger for an upturn in form. 

It's quite something to admit that of the two 'keepers you signed in the summer, the one you picked up for nothing might actually be better than the one you spent £18.5m on.

That would take some next-level humility, even for Wilder.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, vulva said:

30 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

It's quite something to admit that of the two 'keepers you signed in the summer, the one you picked up for nothing might actually be better than the one you spent £18.5m on.

That would take some next-level humility, even for Wilder.

Yes, it's a similar situation with McBurnie.

It shows a manager in a bad light if he spends a fortune on a player, then drops him to be replaced by a freebie and/or a player who's already at the club.

• Like 1