The Humble Club - Abhorrence Of Arabia

Big Malc

14 minutes ago, BIG D said:

It amazes me that people think they’ll walk it next season when they’ve been utter sh ite this season and using their working out there will be 2 better teams than them coming down with them for starters. 

Agreed, also which players will stay would have thought they might cash in on a few ?

34 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Yeah, I know how that works thanks.

One team has currently spent the last half a season showing how out of depth they are in the top division. 

I reckon team last season than they are this so not sure why you are using last season as an example. Last season Utd were better than 11 teams in the PL according to the table. They certainly wont be this season. 

The best comparable we have is last season hence using that and they were miles better than the best championship team now, as they have been for a few years, so based on 'logic' why are Norwich suddenly better? because all you have to go on for Norwich is that they're winning against much inferior teams than that United are playing against. 

6 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

The best comparable we have is last season hence using that and they were miles better than the best championship team now, as they have been for a few years, so based on 'logic' why are Norwich suddenly better? because all you have to go on for Norwich is that they're winning against much inferior teams than that United are playing against. 

I not saying Norwich are suddenly much better.

Are you saying Utd are playing at the same level as they did last season and everyone else in the PL has improved?

They are worse than Fulham and West Brom and neither of those were all that convincing in the Championship last season. They stumbled over the line rather than being clearly better than the rest. 

13 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Are you saying Utd are playing at the same level as they did last season and everyone else in the PL has improved?

They are worse than Fulham and West Brom and neither of those were all that convincing in the Championship last season. They stumbled over the line rather than being clearly better than the rest. 

Why didn't Leeds beat Crawley last week?

1 hour ago, BIG D said:

It amazes me that people think they’ll walk it next season when they’ve been utter sh ite this season and using their working out there will be 2 better teams than them coming down with them for starters. 

Just like Huddersfield this season.... they also owed cash to the previous owner...

15 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I think they're rubbish but there is a huge gulf between the two divisions now so failing terribly in the PL is no justification they won't do well in the Championship unfortunately 

5 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Ellis - I think I speak for most of us when I say:

Please shut the f*ck up.

This thread is for mocking Dem Blades, not you just arguing for the sake of arguing.

Speaking of people who talk rubbish:

https://www.skysports.com/football/sheff-utd-vs-tottenham/429024

Spurs paid them a compliment with their set up - yeah, they thought they'd match your set up and beat you easily, they were right, you were wrong, again. 

Only one team have blown more points from winning positions than Spurs this season, never looked likely today though Cwissy. 

1 minute ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I think they're rubbish but there is a huge gulf between the two divisions now so failing terribly in the PL is no justification they won't do well in the Championship unfortunately 

No guarantee they will either, ask Stoke, Huddersfield etc. 

1 hour ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

So youre saying theyll be be the best in the championship.....because they were good 2 seasons before? That doesnt make sense at all

And didnt norwich go up as champions the year pigs finished second?

If the season ended now, on the 17th of January, then this United team probably would be strong contenders in the Championship next time around.

The reason being that the players are still playing for Wilder; they're getting beaten by teams with better players, but they're not getting hammered and they've not yet given up.

Last time the Blades were in the Championship their success wasn't so much based on individual quality, but rather on management, team spirit, cohesion and the like.

Which was frustrating for us, as man for man we looked at least as good as them.

However, there's a long way to go yet before the end of the PL season.

We've no way of knowing what will be the mindset of Wilder or his players in May.

Tufty already looks a broken man, and he gurned, twitched and squinted perhaps more today than ever.

He cuts a sorry figure and suddenly looks frail and stooped, and there's half a season to go yet.

• Like 1

The fizz has an intangible debate on something that cannot be proved and in opinions gone on for so long. 

******** gi or. Pigs are ********. Enjoy it. 

Side note, I don't think the comments about the players not been arsed etc is true. What I see is the majority of them are still busting their balls for the cause. They're just not very good. Like I've said before Burke gets in some really good positions then does nothing. Norwood and Fleck are getting less time this season and their touch isn't up to par, and teams have figured them out. 

No lack of effort generally just a huge lack of ability. Oh and Ramsdale 😂

12 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

If the season ended now, on the 17th of January, then this United team probably would be strong contenders in the Championship next time around.

The reason being that the players are still playing for Wilder; they're getting beaten by teams with better players, but they're not getting hammered and they've not yet given up.

They're getting beaten virtually every game

I remember last season saying i thought they would suffer this season because they don't have good players and 2nd season syndrome would see them found out

They will have a shout for promotion if they get relegated - just as the bottom 3 from last season are in the top 5 now

I also think that Wilder has been massively over rated by many - a very average managerial career with a couple of very good seasons

I don't think he's all that tbh - and their team definitely isn't all that

And although people may call the championship a load of dross - we all know what a tough division it is with every team seemingly capable of beating any other

It's why it is a hard league to get out of

• Like 2

Have to remember that the inflated contracts a lot of this squad will now be on following promotion to the PL will see them having to cut their wage bill drastically. 

Hardly likely their 'key' players (that aren't good enough for the PL) will want to take a drop, even if it does still mean playing for them and Wilder - with the exception of Sharp, none of them have ties to the club so hardly likely to stick around. 

It's a big call for the Prince and for Wilder tbh - stick or twist? I can't see Wilder walking, but it's whether or not dropping from the PL will see him backed again by the board given he's spanked £120m up the wall on players that haven't really made an impact for them. 

The likes of Norwich, WBA and Fulham have had the fallback of yo yoing for a good number of years, this is their 1st time back and I think they got over ambitious following last season. Ageing squad in some respects, a number of which have come up the leagues with them so they are now relying on reproducing the same again in the transfer market - is Wilder likely to strike it lucky again? Probably not.