The Humble Club - Abhorrence Of Arabia

Big Malc

They're full of it on Facebook the mighty blades are back according to them. Just seen on SSN Jesse Lingard agent is discussing a loan move to Nice. How could he not choose dem blades?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, darra said:

They're full of it on Facebook the mighty blades are back according to them. Just seen on SSN Jesse Lingard agent is discussing a loan move to Nice. How could he not choose dem blades?

Exactly. Then again, Sheffield United are not Nice. With or without a capital letter.

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, darra said:

They're full of it on Facebook the mighty blades are back according to them.

It was almost worth them winning a game just to laugh at the ridiculously OTT reactions. They're suddenly confident of staying up because they beat a dreadful Newcastle side, who had 10 men for half the game, with a dubious VAR penalty (which account for a third of their total goals scored all season) to achieve a grand total of 5 points by mid-January!

My favourite was the one who was actually boasting that they no longer have the worst start in league history because they've won a game sooner than Newport did in 1950 or summat. Wow, fantastic achievement guys... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Owl Rly said:

Lowest survival total is 34 points. So they need at least 29 from the remaining 20 games... They are very much fooked 

It'll maybe be less this year. SOme real dross teams in the fight. Can't see many of them winning games!

Still, lets say 25 points from 20 games. Massive ask, especially as their next 3 are against top league opposition I believe?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, alanharper said:

My favourite was the one who was actually boasting that they no longer have the worst start in league history because they've won a game sooner than Newport did in 1950 or summat. Wow, fantastic achievement guys... 

Did they boast about not winning a major trophy for 96 years and counting... 🤣

• Haha 1

So they are looking at needing around 30 points from their remaining 20 games. Nine of those games are against sides currently in or around the top six and looking for champions league spots. Can’t see them getting more three or four points from those, if any. So they effectively will be looking at 25 points from the remaining 11 games. From a side that have managed from 18.  I wouldn’t be making any rash bets. 

• Like 1