Jump to content

The Humble Club - Abhorrence Of Arabia


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Ever the pessimist said:


He has improved massively since last year (I scoffed at the suggestion he could be an England international), but £80 million...? 
Presumably that’s just Everton’s way of saying ‘not for sale’ as surely nobody would pay anywhere near that.

Yes I agree. I thought he was a mediocre but he is developing into a good Premier League striker. Maybe Wilder could buy him back as he did with Ramsdale.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:


He has improved massively since last year (I scoffed at the suggestion he could be an England international), but £80 million...? 
 

 

The exact statement people made last year before they paid £80m for Harry Maguire.

 

Home grown player tax.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BIG D said:

Only 1 forward that Man U and City should be after and that is Jimenez.
Class act

 

Correct. Surprised no one has come in for him yet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Adem Poric said:

 

The exact statement people made last year before they paid £80m for Harry Maguire.

 

Home grown player tax.


Perhaps, but at least by then Maguire had done well at a World Cup.

DCL has had half a good season. 
Although, admittedly strikers are always going to carry a premium.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sheriwozgod said:

Wonder if Leeds will ressurect Wilder`s "muppets" comment from when the blunts were promoted.

 

If they don't I will :bullen:

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, smhouston said:

The only team in the PL not to have scored a goal yet lol

Long may it continue. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ever the pessimist said:


Perhaps, but at least by then Maguire had done well at a World Cup.

DCL has had half a good season. 
Although, admittedly strikers are always going to carry a premium.

 

It's because of the premier squad home grown rule. Decent English players are at a premium, price goes up for very little performance increase.

 

Calvert-Lewin looked a good hold up type stiker who might get 10 goals. Ancellotti comes in, tells him he needs to forget that and get closer to the goal and he's scored a couple and now worth 80m.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, 31Dec1966 said:

Just watched the highlights expecting to see a "tussle" between Egan and the Villa player. It was nothing of the sort, Egan was pulling his shirt for over five yards stopping him reaching the ball. Definite red card.

 

Basham quite simply cheated for the penalty, tiny contact and goes down. Exactly the same as Windass but he didn't go down like that. (we wouldn't have got it anyway).

 

And ramsdales dive for the goal was a wonder to behold.

Not seen anything but I presume they're appealing Egans red?

Link to post
Share on other sites

80 million for Calvert Lewin is absurd.

 

That's not to say he isn't a good player though. 

 

Getting better and better.

 

Truth be told, I'd rather be working with Carlo Ancelotti than Ole.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Listening to talksport this morning. Predicting them for relegation. Don't score enough, teams are sussing out the way they play and they haven't got the BDTBL effect at the moment and unlikely to for some time.

Edited by darra
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, darra said:

Listening to talksport this morning. Predicting them for relegation. Don't score enough, teams are sussing out the way they play and they haven't got the BDTBL effect at the moment and unlikely to for some time.


I’ve said this to my Blades mates.  They are one of the teams that really suffers without supporters.

 

It bigs them up, winds them up and gets them worried all at the same time.

 

:duntmatter:

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, darra said:

Listening to talksport this morning. Predicting them for relegation. Don't score enough, teams are sussing out the way they play and they haven't got the BDTBL effect at the moment and unlikely to for some time.

 

They still stuck 3 past Chelsea and Spurs though. I'm sure they won't go down, still reckon they'll be midtable come the end of the season. A poor little run doesn't mean they'll be struggling all season, unfortunately, they're still basically the same team that finished 9th last year with a poorer keeper but better squad depth. They're poor in attack but they aren't going to concede loads of goals either.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, alanharper said:

 

They still stuck 3 past Chelsea and Spurs though. I'm sure they won't go down, still reckon they'll be midtable come the end of the season. A poor little run doesn't mean they'll be struggling all season, unfortunately, they're still basically the same team that finished 9th last year with a poorer keeper but better squad depth. They're poor in attack but they aren't going to concede loads of goals either.

The poor run is from coming back after lock down, not just this season though, not predicting anything about them, just hoping that maybe they have run out of steam after a season that promised so much ended with nothing

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, alanharper said:

 

They still stuck 3 past Chelsea and Spurs though. I'm sure they won't go down, still reckon they'll be midtable come the end of the season. A poor little run doesn't mean they'll be struggling all season, unfortunately, they're still basically the same team that finished 9th last year with a poorer keeper but better squad depth. They're poor in attack but they aren't going to concede loads of goals either.

Teams with the same base of players often get found out, and if a vital player is gone and the spirit is impacted over time then you get found out. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...