The Humble Club - Abhorrence Of Arabia

Big Malc

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

I'm I right to say it's now 17 league games since they last won in the PL (counting their run at the back end of last season)?

If so, that's nearly half a PL season without a win. 

Come on mate, stop selling them short.

They lost the last 3 of last season so it is now 18 games and counting. 

29 minutes ago, Nut said:

Hes missed out the £18.5m they've paid for Ramsdale 🤣🤣🤣

The worst keeper in the division and by some distance.

There's a few dodgy ones, but Ramsdale looks barely League One level.

Never been overly sure about signing keepers from a team who a) got relegated and b) conceding a shed load of goals.

Watch the highlight reel and you will see some nice saves, but that's bread and butter for any half decent keeper. 

Thought the same when Everton spent 30 million on Pickford.

5 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Never been overly sure about signing keepers from a team who a) got relegated and b) conceding a shed load of goals.

Watch the highlight reel and you will see some nice saves, but that's bread and butter for any half decent keeper. 

Aaron Ramsdale is the 17th most expensive goalkeeper of all time and the 8th most expensive in the Premier League. Only 1 English goalkeeper has cost more.

'Rammers' last kept a clean sheet 20 games ago and his previous clean sheet was 16 games before that.

I guess you don't always get what you pay for but the stats speak for themselves. 

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

He genuinely reminds me of Cameron Dawson. Makes some decent saves but looks dodgy on crosses, defence seem to be nervous of him, dives without sticking his arms out, and you're holding your breath every time there's a shot in case it goes straight through him. Even looks a bit similar. 

Imagine paying £18.5m for Cameron Dawson. 

I've said before that Henderson was their key man, they'd have been nowhere near the top 10 without him last season, and I still don't think they'd even have got promoted without the points he singlehandedly gained for them. But they wouldn't have it. 

5 minutes ago, alanharper said:

I've said before that Henderson was their key man, they'd have been nowhere near the top 10 without him last season, and I still don't think they'd even have got promoted without the points he singlehandedly gained for them. But they wouldn't have it. 

It was the 'world's best fans' who made all the difference in the last two seasons, don't you know? *

* Forget the other 129 years, of course.

:ph34r:

Theres no more perfect example than the famous slobs winning the lottery sketch and not wanting to or having the intelligence to stay humble.

I predicted theyd do a Hudfersfield last summer but this is even better..Working with some of those arrogant shts. (having a 4-2 commemorative mug)..Who would have thought, they can't handle it and theyve started to blame each other.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Theres no more perfect example than the famous slobs winning the lottery sketch and not wanting to or having the intelligence to stay humble.

Brewster is their Burberry patterned grand piano, that they don't have a clue how to get a tune out of. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, McRightSide said:

“”It’s not me that’s the problem, it’s the players. It’s not the motivation of the players, it’s lack of quality of the players”

Said the man who has spent £120m buying said players

Unbelievable thing for him to say really. 

4 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

“”It’s not me that’s the problem, it’s the players. It’s not the motivation of the players, it’s lack of quality of the players”

Best bit is that they all still think the sun shines out of his arse

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Django said:

Was it rumoured last year that some Dutch guy was to be brought in in some capacity? 

He’s Belgian, at Beerschot, also owned by the Fresh Prince of Bellends.

It was in a Director of Football capacity and didn’t go down too well at the time.  He was also involved with the Saudi Arabian national team and it all fits with the recent info. regarding the Prince’s proposed structure.

His name is Van Winkel.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Crackers innit. 

2 points from 50 odd, bought in the players, and it's not his fault.

Imagine any other club spending £100m+ and being on that run. 

Hope their fans keep wanting him in, doing a reyt job.

:pulis:

17 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

He’s Belgian, at Beerschot, also owned by the Fresh Prince of Bellends.

It was in a Director of Football capacity and didn’t go down too well at the time.  He was also involved with the Saudi Arabian national team and it all fits with the recent info. regarding the Prince’s proposed structure.

His name is Van Winkel.

R.I.P 

• Haha 2