The Humble Club - Abhorrence Of Arabia

Big Malc

1 hour ago, Nut said:

It's peanuts really though. 100k a week for 4 or 5 months is only £2m. It's a bargain if they pay that and stay up. 

Very true, I can’t imagine Lingard rocking up on 100k a week doing much good for morale amongst the rest of the squad who play for minimum wage and chippy tea on a Friday though 

• Haha 4

49 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

Very true, I can’t imagine Lingard rocking up on 100k a week doing much good for morale amongst the rest of the squad who play for minimum wage and chippy tea on a Friday though 

Yeah. Let's hope they spend silly money and make things even worse! 😄

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Dan™ said:

Just noticed that Burnley only have one day between having to play away at Leeds on Sunday and then United on Tuesday. If Wilder can't get 3 points with that gift from the scheduling gods then they're surely doomed.

Bit of an advantage though Pigs play Saturday night 8pm kick off and Burnley kick off midday on Sunday. 

27 minutes ago, helmut_rooster said:

After flogging him Montgomery Brewster for 10 million, 10 million, 10 million dollars! I  think Gene Wilder will be "stir crazy" if he went back there.

Wilders spending does actually mirror the film.... having to spend $30m ( so about £24m) in 30 days

Maybe they are doing a reboot of it for 2020... Brewster's millions, and still nothing to show for it

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, OasisOwl72 said:

Imagine this record for nearly half a season? 

PL 17 W 0 D 2 L 15 F 9 A 31 PTS 2

168 days on Boxing Day since last win. 10 points off safety with worse goal difference. On current form it will take 85 games just to  bridge that gap! 

Especially as the two draws were really fortuitous

• Like 2