The Humble Club - Abhorrence Of Arabia

Big Malc

19 minutes ago, WatfordOwl said:

Seems like he's done the classic, had a decent core squad built on his 'principles', but spending at that level always brings an element of the uknown in terms of traits. 

You'd have to question why they've spent as much as they have on Brewster and he literally is getting the odd 5-10 mins. 

Burke looks about the pick of their players, but as a team they are woeful.

I couldn't understand the signing of Brewster. You have to question why they would gamble so much on him when there is very limited return. £24M for what is effectively a loan. With a buy back clause, even if he turns into Messi, United will benefit very little, Liverpool retain the benefits.

For £24M I would want a player who is out there performing and capable from day 1, not have a player for the future when his future very much will be in Liverpool.

• Like 1

Guest Bulgaria

I rate Ramsdale, think he is getting a raw deal to be honest.

Also I think the pigs will unfortunately get something from this game.

3 minutes ago, owl_83 said:

I couldn't understand the signing of Brewster. You have to question why they would gamble so much on him when there is very limited return. £24M for what is effectively a loan. With a buy back clause, even if he turns into Messi, United will benefit very little, Liverpool retain the benefits.

For £24M I would want a player who is out there performing and capable from day 1, not have a player for the future when his future very much will be in Liverpool.

That's what I mean, big money signing that doesn't fit with the 'type' Wilder normally brings in. 

Like you say, £24m on such an unproven player at this level is crackers.

34 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

What odds can you get on these being the bottom two at the end of the season, both terrible

Not big enough. Have you seen Fulham?! 

Also why the fizz are the calling him burger. Surely its berge like verge or merge 

• Haha 1

Just now, nbupperthongowl said:

Similar to what Bournemouth did, that went well too

I get it must be tough as the newcomers to the league, but I would personally have thought Wilder would have taken a chance on players who are really hungry for it.

Brewster is likely already a millionaire from a couple of loans, contract extension with Liverpool and one half decent season at Swansea. 

They'll be hoping Mousset can produce cos let's face it, none of the others look capable. 

12 minutes ago, owl_83 said:

Maybe 

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Why are they 'due a win' any more than West Brom are?

It's a bit like when clubs play us with their crap records, we always relieve them of it

Chances of them losing again to be the worst team in PL history after 10 games is pretty slim, we aren't that lucky. I think their current winless record is worse than WBAs too (taking in to account continuing from last season)

Ramsdale is a decent keeper, problem for them is he is no Henderson. 

Henderson won them so many points on his own last season. He could easily be the next England GK but he won't dislodge De Gea. 

Brewster was the wrong signing for them too. Unproven striker, decent spell for Swansea and that's it. Loan signing would have been the best bet rather than spend 25 mil on him.