Stop it

9 hours ago, ChapSmurf said:

The term "Pigs" goes way back to the late 19th century. It's historic, steeped in Sheffield culture and tradition, and far from childish.

I'm actually surprised you don't know it's heritage, but then maybe there are many who don't. That's not a dig btw.

The one thing I won't sing is "die die piggy", especially to Sharp. Personal choice due to personal circumstances, but I find that tasteless.

Sorry, don't really see how the heritage and 'historic Sheffield culture ' are at all relevent. 

Like I said, having grown men and women from two sides of a big city calling each other 'pigs' just seems a bit childish for me. 

Edited by poite
  • Thanks 1

Guest mrbluesky
1 hour ago, poite said:

Sorry, don't really see how the heritage and 'historic Sheffield culture ' are at all relevent. 

Like I said, having grown men and women from two sides of a big city calling each other 'pigs' just seems a bit childish for me. 

I think you'd more suited to crown green bowling. 

Guest mrbluesky
On 13/09/2020 at 15:53, DirtyLeedsOwl said:

Amount of Wednesday fans I’ve seen on social media referring to our club as ‘Wendy’ What the f**k???

If you’re one of those please do me a favour and stop it 😡

Always use it.

Guest mrbluesky
On 14/09/2020 at 06:54, swinners said:

They bloody do it on one of the Wednesday podcasts.  The wendnesday week I think. Make me cringe.

Yeah, up there with those that can`t spell Wednesday, as well!!

Grrrrr!! cringe!

1 hour ago, poite said:

Do you know why we call them Pigs? If you do you should realise what it all means although how you feel about it is of course a personal choice.

Edited by ChapSmurf

1 hour ago, poite said:

It goes way beyond that, calling First fans scabs and Derby fans sheepshaggers. 
It’s not very clever is it.

Guest Jack the Hat
40 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

It goes way beyond that, calling First fans scabs and Derby fans sheepshaggers. 
It’s not very clever is it.

You’re right it isn’t clever. Derby fans should definitely stop doing that.

7 hours ago, ChapSmurf said:

Do you know why we call them Pigs? If you do you should realise what it all means although how you feel about it is of course a personal choice.

Has someone got a copy of the 1967 derby programme notes at the Lane...their own writer said that we refuse to eat bacon and the blades go home after a loss and beat their women up...no change there then for the cowards

16 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Has someone got a copy of the 1967 derby programme notes at the Lane...their own writer said that we refuse to eat bacon and the blades go home after a loss and beat their women up...no change there then for the cowards

Haha....it doesn't surprise me they got it so wrong. Who'd refuse to eat bacon lol

10 hours ago, ChapSmurf said:

I really don't care why to be honest. It's childish all the same. 

Calling Neil Warnock 'Colin' however is not childish. That's just genius.

35 minutes ago, poite said:

I really don't care why to be honest. It's childish all the same. 

Calling Neil Warnock 'Colin' however is not childish. That's just genius.

So you don't care about the history of your own club? Okay, never mind. I'll leave it at that.

3 hours ago, ChapSmurf said:

So you don't care about the history of your own club? Okay, never mind. I'll leave it at that.

Yeah, not caring about why we refer to Sheffield United as 'pigs' is me not caring about the history of our club. 

I think you'd be right to leave it at that to be honest. 

• Haha 1

On 15/09/2020 at 01:12, Swiss Toni said:

Wjem it comes to catchphrases I’m your man.

Haha swiss toni was the best! Place i used to work at had a fire officer who looked just like him. I was in the mandatory fire safety lecture and all i could think of was:

"putting out a fire is much like making love to a beautiful woman. You have to whip out your hose, firmly position your helmet, and spray your foam all over the hot stuff!" 

5 hours ago, alcock dived said:

Haha swiss toni was the best! Place i used to work at had a fire officer who looked just like him. I was in the mandatory fire safety lecture and all i could think of was:

"putting out a fire is much like making love to a beautiful woman. You have to whip out your hose, firmly position your helmet, and spray your foam all over the hot stuff!" 

First and foremost you have to treat the   fire with the respect she deserves . Caress her, get to know her and find out what makes her so damn hot. Then and only then can she be extinguished but only by using the finest champagne.

• Haha 1

Guest mrbluesky
15 hours ago, ChapSmurf said:

Haha....it doesn't surprise me they got it so wrong. Who'd refuse to eat bacon lol

People that don't like it, Muslims, vegans...