Legendary Legend Looking Lean

3 hours ago, MaliceInBlunderland said:

2nd best imo. 

At the risk of getting slaughtered on here, I'm going with Cafu as best. 

Greatest ever full back of all time was Giacinto Facchetti but Paolo Maldini in my lifetime. Facchetti revolutionised the position and Maldini was born to defend. 

Our best ever full back is between Ernie Blenkinsop, Don Megson or Roland Nilsson but easily by far Roland Nilsson in my lifetime. Roland exuded class and was top class. Hard to believe we once had players of the pedigree of Nilsson and Waddle. 

Edited by The Night-Owl

Guest hirstysfags
4 hours ago, NorfolkNChance said:

Must be tough carrying Lee Sharpe around in your back pocket since 1991, no wonder he’s ripped. 

Love that story, but then the next time they played, Sharpe made Roland look like an idiot.

1 hour ago, The Night-Owl said:

Greatest ever full back of all time was Giacinto Facchetti but Paolo Maldini in my lifetime. Facchetti revolutionised the position and Maldini was born to defend. 

Our best ever full back is between Ernie Blenkinsop, Don Megson or Roland Nilsson but easily by far Roland Nilsson in my lifetime. Roland exuded class and was top class. Hard to believe we once had players of the pedigree of Nilsson and Waddle. 

Julian bennett?

• Haha 1

Remember going to Watford to see the owls when I lived in Barnet as it was closest away venue. The whole of the Wednesday end of the ground stood and applauded/chanted when Roland Nilsson.....

hobbled up the steps in the grandstand on crutches after the cruciate  injury. Deffo best right back we’ve ever had, absolute Rolls Royce of a player. Top banana!👍

Edited by sternlad
Spelling error

30 minutes ago, sternlad said:

Remember going to Watford to see the owls when I lived in Barnet as it was closest away venue. The whole of the Wednesday end of the ground stood and applauded/chanted when Roland Nilsson.....

hobbled up the steps in the grandstand on crutches after the cruciate  injury. Deffo best right back we’ve ever had, absolute Rolls Royce of a player. Top banana!👍

Thought he did it at Millwall 

25 minutes ago, owler66 said:

Thought he did it at Millwall 

He may well have picked up the injury at millwall, but this must have been after his surgery as he was dressed in tracksuit/ training gear. He was applauded all the way to his seat in the ground to watch the game at Watford. He acknowledged the support by waving one of his crutches from halfway up the steps to the stand.