The Graph Thread 2020/21

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Still needs to improve massively of course

Pulis has a real challenge here

Let's hope Chansiri allows him to do what he needs to do in January

The worrying line is the trajectory, which is based on our performance this season so far.

Totally agree that the January transfer window is massive for us but worryingly there are 15 games between now and the end of January (for some bizarre reason players don’t move until the end of January). That takes us to 27 games played, so only 19 left.

TP and the team need to start scrapping for their and our lives.

On 22/11/2020 at 11:03, GLOwl said:

The worrying line is the trajectory, which is based on our performance this season so far.

The thing with the trajectory line at this stage of the season is that it can change significantly in a very short space of time. If we win the next game, for example, that would change the angle enough that we'd be above the red line come the end of the season. Win two in a row and we're getting towards mid-table. It's only as we get into the second half of the season that it becomes more difficult to move the trajectory line and then it becomes more indicative of where we might end up.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

The thing with the trajectory line at this stage of the season is that it can change significantly in a very short space of time. If we win the next game, for example, that would change the angle enough that we'd be above the red line come the end of the season. Win two in a row and we're getting towards mid-table. It's only as we get into the second half of the season that it becomes more difficult to move the trajectory line and then it becomes more indicative of where we might end up.

Very good point and I totally agree. The biggest issues for me are:

The next 4 games are very tough and we will do unbelievably well to get 6 points. Especially with suspensions and injuries to key players.

Come the end of the transfer window in January, we will have played 27 games, so any new team only has 19 games to get us to safety.

Of course, I hope we win all our games for the rest of this season but I can’t help but think we need a massive upturn in fortunes.