Murphy

Just now, kevtheowl said:

I’m told his next excursion Will be Sheffield bound !!    UTO 

Well at about 11:50 he, and the rest of the squad, walked past my brother at Canary Wharf. My brother asked him if could confirm a further loan period (to us). Murphy smiled at him, probably out of pity lol

Don't read in to the smile. There could be a 1000 reasons as to why.

4 minutes ago, davey_wells said:

Too good a player to waste his time at Newcastle if he's not going to even make the squad.  Though a bit wierd given he played a lot pre-season and impressed- perhaps taken a knock or just ill.

fair comment, all should come to light next few weeks, he wont be happy sat on the sidelines, same as any ambitious player.

1 minute ago, DuttyTeabags said:

Think the player himself wants to come back if he can't nail down a place at Newcastle.  With them signing Fraser etc. he's gone even further down the pecking order.

He'd be competing with Harris, Odjob and Palmer for RWB birth mind....

first choice then, no doubt. Newcastle win tonight will not help his cause, all the more good for us, thanks steve bruce.

8 hours ago, Lythamowl said:

were Wednesday 

we do pessimism , despair and regret.

what is this optimism of which you speak? 😎

Very good win yesterday, some useful signings and hopefully a couple more to come, new backroom staff and positive talk from Monk, albeit actions speak louder than words. 

This is still a bit of an unknown for me. Would Murphy come here to just compete for the right wing back spot? It’s actually a bit of a waste of his talents, and although he did an OK job there, he was always better further forward. Most of his effective performances were in a more advanced role, or as an auxiliary attacking player from the bench. When played as I wing back, defensively he wasn’t good, but as a winger who tracked back, I couldn’t fault him. Will be interesting to see how Adedoyin is used, who is another wide attacker by the sounds of it. Maybe he too will be used as a wing back by Monk?

• Like 1