Rhodes

I hope he isn’t rested for the Rochdale game, a run and a few goals will do wonders for his confidence Even when we complete our striking line up, a confiden Jordan Rhodes will be a useful option from the bench If he can do for us, what he did for Norwich, then nobody will argue with that

• Like 6

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

I hope he isn’t rested for the Rochdale game, a run and a few goals will do wonders for his confidence Even when we complete our striking line up, a confiden Jordan Rhodes will be a useful option from the bench If he can do for us, what he did for Norwich, then nobody will argue with that

Damning with very faint praise there mate.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Rochdale... twinned with Chernobyl apparently.

Word has it that the good folk of Chernobyl are very unhappy about it.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Damning with very faint praise there mate.

My point is, if he plays, he has a good opportunity to score, and a scoring Rhodes is a win win situation. A confident Rhodes would be useful to us, even if we utilised him as Norwich did. If we do sign a few more front players, then a scoring Jordan Rhodes might attract some attention before the window closes

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

My point is, if he plays, he has a good opportunity to score, and a scoring Rhodes is a win win situation. A confident Rhodes would be useful to us, even if we utilised him as Norwich did. If we do sign a few more front players, then a scoring Jordan Rhodes might attract some attention before the window closes

Amazing.

You keep going on like that. I’ll keep enjoying his contribution in a really promising partnership, his goal, and a win.

Monk may have found the key to getting Rhodes going. 

In Windass we've finally got A bit of a terrier as a strike partner capable of upsetting defenders. He looks capable of creating space and confusion in and around the box for others to exploit and looks to have an eye for goal to boot. 

Add this to the new revolutionary idea of playing wide players on their best side for getting quick and better service in, we may get a lot more glimpses of the old Rhodes just like today 

• Like 1

Played to his strengths he will chip in with goals. With his back to goal on the halfway line being asked to hold up the ball and bring others into play is it his forte. I’m the 6 yard box sniffing is where he needs to be and goal proved that.

Not sure what will happen if we sign Zohore but it gives us options.

7 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

When I look at Rhodes it seems to me that he struggles mentally.

Maybe James Beattie will understand Rhodes a bit better and know what he needs to get back firing.

I am sure Beattie will have had ups and downs over the years.

Absolutely his biggest down must have been signing for the pink skins.