Official Premier League 2020/21 Thread

TheEnchanter

It’s a poorly timed challenge. No malice. 

Ridiculous uproar for very little. 

The focus should be in the standard of officiating. VAR isn’t the issue, it’s the complete and utter numpties implementing it!

The Sane offside decision was pathetic.

A TalkSport caller nailed it yesterday. He recommended that officials be shown the still at the moment it’s believed the ball was kicked. Do away with the lines and, let the official decide if there’s enough evidence to clearly say the player was offside.

The technology doesn’t exist to determine when the ball was actually struck. When the decision is as close as the Sane one, where he’s actually dead level, that’s the difference between offside and onside. Until that technology is available there’s physically no way to say that a player is 100% offside when it’s as close as that.

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

Seriously, the utter hysteria.

It is embarrassing.

A poor challenge from Pickford. It was reckless, but I don't think he's for one minute gone to do him. This isn't Keane on Haaland.

I've seen calls from actual journalists calling for Pickford to be banned as long as Van Dijk is out!?!?!

Bonkers.

By such logic, should Gary Cahill be banned from football, seeing as his collision with Ryan Mason cost Mason his career? 

Saw some Liverpool fans on twitter wanting Pickford arrested 🙂

Obviously it was a shocking challenge from a player that wad hyped up and knew he needed to show full blooded commitment as his form has deserted him. 

It should have been a red card,  it doesn't matter that it was offside as well, it was violent conduct. 

It happens though,  teams lose their most important player,  and as a result they don't do as well as they should.

Liverpool are now without Alisson ( who seems to be quite injury prone) and Van Dijk. Teams will sense blood. That defence will be all over the place.

They won't have s good season.  So what? not the end of world is it? 

On the subject of offsides and the fine margins. When a player plays the ball forward, at what point do they pause it for the lines to be drawn in? Is it when the ball leaves the boot or when the ball first touches the boot? We are constantly shown offsides that are a gnats pube off but never get to see how close it is at the other end of the pass. I don't believe they get every single freeze frame right on the money. There seems to be no margin for error accounted for. 

25 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

This has all the hallmarks of Brazil mourning the injury to Neymar in World Cup 2014 as if he was dead. Was counterproductive as they seemed to accept they couldn’t do it without him.

C496241B-F839-431A-9F73-2BD8A86DE8C2.jpeg

Just thrown up. ******** modern fans fizz off.

• Like 5

Guest Bulgaria
16 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Can’t make out the Wolves’ sponsor on this away kit. Whatever they paid for the privilege is too much.

Me neither. Most likely to be something to do with Portugal!

Guest Bulgaria
37 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

West Brom v Burnley. What a boring couple of teams. Come on Wolves! Hope they smash Leeds. 

It hardly got the juices flowing did it.

I usually have a couple of quid on a match when it's on the t.v, but I couldn't even be bothered to put a bet on it!!

I've had 4-4 for the leeds game..

😂