Official Premier League 2020/21 Thread

TheEnchanter

Tbf, I'm all for the madness.

The last few seasons have been dull as dish water, with City and then Liverpool been pretty much unstoppable for three or so seasons now. 

The days where the champions would drop points and lose say 4 to 6 games were so much more interesting as a neutral fan.

16 hours ago, Adem Poric said:

The other week I think I posted how phenomenal Trent AA looked after that first half against Chelsea where they looked incredible. Tonight he looked like a Sunday parks footballer. Weird fucking season.

World class going forward, sometimes he looks like League Two level defensively. 

How often does he really have to defend? You know, like properly battle it out? Can't be too often and when he is in that situation he looks all over the place. 

Don't think he has any real defensive instincts. 

Edited by SiJ
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, SiJ said:

World class going forward, sometimes he looks like League Two level defensively. 

How often does he really have to defend? You know, like properly battle it out? Can't be too often and when he is in that situation he looks all over the place. 

Don't think he has any real defensive instincts. 

I think he struggles without being told what to do and where to be. He can defend but you're right it isn't natural for him. Yesterday there was no Alisson and no Henderson. Plus Gomez looked way off where he was a year ago and Van Dijk looked drunk, absolute shambles.

8 hours ago, mcmigo said:

What a performance by Spurs and Villa.

The defending and goalkeeping of Man utd and Liverpool will come in for stick, but some of the quality both sides showed was out of this world.

Whether it is because Bale is breathing down his neck or not, but Kane looks unstoppable so far this season.  His movement, passing, crossing and finishing has been unreal.   Son also looks unstoppable.  If Spurs keep those two fit and playing like that, they have a hell of a chance of winning the league this season - and they have Bale to come into that team.

As for Villa - Jack Grealish - what a footballer.  I have no idea how you defend against a player in that sort of form.  He has absolutely everything - fast, creative, unbelievable feet.  

Grealish seems to be a bit of a prat.

But yep...he is a proper proper player.

I'm surprised he is still at Villa tbh.

54 minutes ago, EighteenSixty7 said:

Arsenal getting rid of Gunnersaurus might just be the most pathetic story during football Covid. First the furloughing/redundancies and now this. fizz off. Hope they get dicked week in week out. 

Ridiculous. 

Deemed no longer necessary due to fans not being in the ground.

It is still necessary to pay players like Ozil who are surplus to requirements hundreds of thousands a week though.

Surely they could get the mascot to do some social media stuff, how much can the possibly save by binning off the mascot?

West Ham fans though lol 

They've just put 3 past Leicester and, 4 past Wolves the previous week but, it’s never good enough!

Could they do with another defender? Probably. Will it make or break their season? Absolutely not.

Moyes has come in and, got them doing the fundamentals right. They were in imperious form towards the back end of last season and, have started relatively well this year.

They need to be careful of what they wish for. The pigs have spent 110m over the last 2 years and, look no better this year than they did last.

I’d be surprised if Cavani isn’t a success for them. Always been one of my favourite strikers. No one has scored more goals within Europe over the last 10 years apart from Messi and Ronaldo 

Still remember that goal against Portugal in the last World Cup where he finessed it into the corner first time. And that bullet header from Suárez cross. 2 of my favourite recent goals 

5 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

What the fizz were arsenal thinking here? Clubs these days are run by soulless, parasitic ********. Poor bloke having to rely on the charity of a player to keep him in a job. 

98D9F316-B843-498D-91D5-A85DF5E97CAA.jpeg

Arsenal have been absolutely embarrassing during Covid.

To think they like to think of themselves as the classy London club.

On 05/10/2020 at 20:33, WalthamOwl said:

Surely Man U are going to sign a CB? 

Agree their defence is an absolute joke and has been for a few years. It’s been coming.

During their glory years they were based on having a strong back line.  
Schmeical, Van der sar in goal 

The likes of Bruce, Pallister, Stam, Johnson, Ferdinand, Vidic, Neville, Evra, Irwin in defence. Keane, Hargreaves, Butt, Carrick in midfield.  
Right now their goal keeper and defence are worse than Burnley’s.
How Henderson isn’t their number one now is bizarre.  

I don’t think their manager is helping the situation.  Is he trying to improve the defence? There’s no evidence of it at all, in fact it’s getting worse. 

They should be throwing the Sancho money at their defence or they will be conceding a lorry load this season.  

• Like 1