Official Premier League 2020/21 Thread

TheEnchanter

Son is the one player of the last few years who I'd say is still right at it.

The rest have dropped off in terms of performances.

Think the injuries have seen Kane lose a yard of pace. Doesn't have the same explosivness as he used to. 

On 12/09/2020 at 21:55, vulva said:

Bruce knows how to put a team together. He was the right manager at the right time for us. We would have been very close had he stayed. 

Didnt get Villa promoted with the best squad in the division bar none,and spunked their last dime leaving them looking at a deduction,in comes our old CB,wipes away the Bruce effect,there in the prem.

He signed some rite dross for us to shift on,odubajo,boerner,luongo,Harris may yet make it as a RWB,but upto Monk,he was hopeless.

Wed have been nowhere near,and hed have spaffed the lot and then some

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, legendaryswan said:

Didnt get Villa promoted with the best squad in the division bar none,and spunked their last dime leaving them looking at a deduction,in comes our old CB,wipes away the Bruce effect,there in the prem.

He signed some rite dross for us to shift on,odubajo,boerner,luongo,Harris may yet make it as a RWB,but upto Monk,he was hopeless.

Wed have been nowhere near,and hed have spaffed the lot and then some

What the diddlyfuck are you on about? lol

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, SiJ said:

I think the rot started to set in under Poch. The Champs League final sort of masked the fact their league form was poor and the cracks were coming to the surface.

Problem imo was keeping those players together for too long and not enough of the new additions being a success.

Thing is, Mourinho isn't the man these days to come in and inject life into a stale set up, particularly without the capacity to bring in a host of new players. 

They are in a state of malaise.

Players who were very good a few years back are not at the level they were a few years ago - Lloris, Toby Alderweireld, Ali and dare I say Harry Kane.

Sounds familiar 

17 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Looking forward to watching this Chelsea team tonight. Think they will go close this season. Defence still needs improving imo but some real attacking quality. 

Real strength in depth too — Ziyech, Chilwell, Thiago Silva, Gilmour and Kovacic weren’t even in the squad last night 

55 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Bale back to Spurs? 

Seems so. They do need someone to help take the burden off Kane when it comes to the goals. I'm not sure if a 31 year old injury prone Bale who hasn't played much football for 12/18 months is the answer. However it would be good to see him in full flow and I do like Spurs.