Official Premier League 2020/21 Thread

TheEnchanter

21 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Liverpool should get in for Kane. He would be a perfect improvement on Firmino 

Absolutely no chance they will. 

They won't spend the cash to bring in a player like Kane. 

It'll be one of three imo - City, Man U or Chelsea. 

If he goes to City, then the rest might as well give up. 

3 hours ago, punkskaphil said:

I think there’s a rule that no country can provide more than four teams. Might be wrong though so happy to be corrected.

Five teams. If a team who finishes outside the top 4 wins the Europa League they would also qualify for the CL alongside the top 4 (as happened in 2017 when Man Utd won the Europa League but finished 6th). 

If the winner of the CL finishes in the top 4 their place is not redistributed. 

https://www.premierleague.com/european-qualification-explained

• Thanks 1

Just looking at the bbc predictions for this season

26 “ experts” picked their top 4. Of the 26 only Ian Wright didn’t get all four correct and that was only because he let his heart rule his head and included Arsenal. 200,000 members of the public also guessed correctly. 
TBF you don’t need to be a genius but fizz me how predictable has it become. And for me boring. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Plonk said:

26 “ experts” picked their top 4. Of the 26 only Ian Wright didn’t get all four correct and that was only because he let his heart rule his head and included Arsenal. 200,000 members of the public also guessed correctly. 
TBF you don’t need to be a genius but fizz me how predictable has it become. And for me boring. 

How many actually had Man Utd finishing second though? 

44 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Tbh it went to the last day, and other teams have been involved in the race most of the season 

it’s not like the top 4 were sewn up at Christmas. Well maybe the top 2 were, but 3rd and 4th has been a pretty decent fight 

Edited by FreshOwl

4 hours ago, Plonk said:

It is a little less predictable than most top European leagues in that respect though. Barcelona finished 3rd, outside the top 2 for the first time since 2008. Some different names often challenge for 4th place but Barca, Real and Atletico are rarely outside the top 3 these days. Juventus didn't win Serie A for the first time in a decade, PSG finishing second was a huge shock, Germany is just as predictable. 

27 minutes ago, mildatheart67 said:

Price of  Football.

Since Villa last made a profit in 2001 and that was only £138,000, they have lost on average £580,000 a week.

Crazy

That would mean they are over half a bill in debt? 

38 minutes ago, mildatheart67 said:

Price of  Football.

Since Villa last made a profit in 2001 and that was only £138,000, they have lost on average £580,000 a week.

Crazy

603.2 million lost in 20 years despite 17 of those years being bolstered by PL money?

Lightweights, just wait until Chansiri's finished with us. 

https://twitter.com/KieranMaguire/status/1397454301056884738

@KieranMaguire: Premier League clubs have spent £52,573,000,000 on wages and player transfers since it started in 1992, but who has spent the most and the least, and does it help you get into UEFA finals & the top 4 in PL? https://t.co/dlWOGJQqkj Visualised with @f_l_o_u_r_i_s_h