Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, parajack said:

I didnt include you Jim in my parody,mate..though critical at times your views have been consistent & fair...(though i dont agree) and you dont try to belittle those who disagree with you...

 

Thanks mate. I appreciate that. We all have differing views on certain subjects regarding the club we support and all opinions are valid for me. If Monk proves me wrong, I’ll admit it. It’s never been an issue for me to be proven right or wrong as I have been wrong many times and I genuinely hope I am once again on this occasion.

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, parajack said:

Jim there is NO crowds mate,no 'Kop' to kick towards,no roar of the crowd if we dont attack or score....your analysis is flawed mate.....Home or away,whats the difference? post Covid its a different dressing room mate,and a bit(or a lot) of travelling...thats it....Yes our home form was dire,no argument there,why? jurys out...lets see if monk sets up his team any different for home matches,personally(subject to who the opponents are,& who is available to pick) i dont think he will...

Anyway now the season has started,we wont have to wait long to see

 

Whether crowds or there or not it doesn’t affect how a team sets up. The away team will always more often than not say to the home side come and break us down and I feel that’s a problem we have when we get asked that question?

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Jim said:

 

Whether crowds or there or not it doesn’t affect how a team sets up. The away team will always more often than not say to the home side come and break us down and I feel that’s a problem we have when we get asked that question?

Yes i agree in principle Jim,if pre Covid 19 behaviour is the same,we only differ on the degree of difficulty on answering that Q,and how the manager & players react...-12(now -9) of course also may see the owls adopt similar play home & away I do think crowds have an impact though mate

Edited by parajack
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, parajack said:

His record isnt shocking after 40 odd games though is it? Bullen i believe started us off with 3 games was it?after Lord Sir 'Bruce' the saviour  ****ed off...monk took over under very limited circumstances,and coached the team to third in the Championship,pushing for an automatic promotion spot before the Xmas break...So for the first 25 games or so it was bang on target.

After Xmas,and for the second half of the season,27 games was it?something like that,we were in the main dire,and everyman and his dog agree's with that.We only differ  on the potential reasons why?

 

So would you like to correct yourself? His record as manager over the second half of the season,some 20+ games was shocking,but not the first 22 or 23 he was in charge....(course that lets the players off the hook,doesnt it? documenting it like that?) Got to laugh,we have the same old tired cliche's & arguments being rehashed,at the start of the new season,when we have 2 clean sheets, a win in the Cup,and a winning start to the season...says it all...


His record during his entire tenure was the worst in the past 15 years. That's bad enough. Please, don't come the whole high and mighty, fountain of all wisdom.

You aren't

There is nothing to correct. Over his games in charge. As a whole. He was dire.

Makes absolutely no difference where we started or what position we held,  it's where we finished.

You don't have to use bold to try and back up your words. We can all read.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:


His record during his entire tenure was the worst in the past 15 years. That's bad enough. Please, don't come the whole high and mighty, fountain of all wisdom.

You aren't

There is nothing to correct. Over his games in charge. As a whole. He was dire.

Makes absolutely no difference where we started or what position we held,  it's where we finished.

You don't have to use bold to try and back up your words. We can all read.

You just cant handle someone challenging what you put,in my opinion,and(if you don't mind) i will decide for myself what i underline,or place bold on,not you..(underlining or 'bolding' words or sentences for emphasis,is an accepted written practice) Unless someones made you an admin & not told me?

 

Disagreeing with you,and saying why,doesn't make me 'all high & mighty fountain of wisdom'.Its someone not accepting your view is all.Last season is history,the only results under Monk that count started against Walsall in the Cup,& Cardiff yesterday...Show me one of your 'Monk out' posts from Xmas or before,to show your consistency of views...to show that over the season as you say you thought Monk was dire.?.fair q to ask i believe,if as you say you want others to accept your analysis of last season.Show me what you were saying when we third?

 

Edited by parajack
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, parajack said:

You just cant handle someone challenging what you put,in my opinion,and(if you don't mind) i will decide for myself what i underline,or place bold on,not you..(underlining or 'bolding' words or sentences for emphasis,is an accepted written practice) Unless someones made you an admin & not told me?

 

Disagreeing with you,and saying why,doesn't make me 'all high & mighty fountain of wisdom'.Its someone not accepting your view is all.Last season is history,the only results under Monk that count started against Walsall in the Cup,& Cardiff yesterday...Show me one of your 'Monk out' posts from Xmas or before,to show your consistency of views...to show that over the season as you say you thought Monk was dire.?.fair q to ask i believe,if as you say you want others to accept your analysis of last season.Show me what you were saying when we third?

 


You are going down this rather sad route that you went down a week or so ago with someone else. You seem to thrive on argument, and clearly believe you are intellectually better than others.

I'd stand back and take a look at what you're posting.
You refer back once again to me ( or anyone else for that matter ) showing you Monk out posts ? .....I never wanted him here in the first place.

And...as i stated, quite clearly.... Very clearly.   You take his WHOLE record.   The good, the bad and the ugly. Not just a few high or low points.

So, what I, and many people on here have also done, is look at his record.....  And what we do now, isthe same again. We will evaluate him and his team when

there are sufficient games played. We cannot evaluate a manager on one game alone.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, cookeh said:

Job done today. But by no means is it a signal that we can deal with future challenges.

 

That's not logical.  It is absolutely a signal that we can deal with future challenges.  We faced a challenge and dealt with it.  Not proof positive, but a definite signal, surely?

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:


You are going down this rather sad route that you went down a week or so ago with someone else. You seem to thrive on argument, and clearly believe you are intellectually better than others.

I'd stand back and take a look at what you're posting.
You refer back once again to me ( or anyone else for that matter ) showing you Monk out posts ? .....I never wanted him here in the first place.

And...as i stated, quite clearly.... Very clearly.   You take his WHOLE record.   The good, the bad and the ugly. Not just a few high or low points.

So, what I, and many people on here have also done, is look at his record.....  And what we do now, isthe same again. We will evaluate him and his team when

there are sufficient games played. We cannot evaluate a manager on one game alone.

I have a different opinion to you,thats it,not accepting your view to you,seems to amount to being 'intellectually superior...or argumentative..Why dont you.take a step back? Two wins,two clean sheets,some good progress on the field,both strikers score goals,signs of a plan being put into place by the manager,some good potential young exciting prospects moving into the team....And you continue posting about last season...Move on please...!!

Its a forum,i debate,so do you..you posted your views on monks time here,you made some leading statements of your own...i disagree completely,so posted accordingly..There my opinions and not personal in any way..Am i supposed to just agree with you?

Its nothing whatsoever to do with being intellectual or otherwise. You maintain monks entire time here was dire...i simply asked you to show me a post of yours when Wednesday were third,that you thought that....or even from when he arrived? Perfectly reasonable Q.That would show me that you were consistent in your views..if you do,you will be the first.

Your latest response is more measured,and i agree with you,we cant judge monk on 1 or 2 matches  you post with a passionate belief,so do I we just differ on views  WAWAW

Edited by parajack
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:


Wait until Rochdale beat us tomorrow night.....

 

:duntmatter:




Even if we lose vs Rochdale (we won't) you'd still not be that worried if you knew what had happened last Christmas

  • Like 1

 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:




Even if we lose vs Rochdale (we won't) you'd still not be that worried if you knew what had happened last Christmas

 

I’m fully behind him and have a good idea of what went off last Christmas.

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:




Even if we lose vs Rochdale (we won't) you'd still not be that worried if you knew what had happened last Christmas

 

Monk’s selection box from the players didn’t include a Mars bar so he blamed Westwood and Hutchinson for his failure to have the opportunity to Work, Rest and Play? Monkmanface

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

 

This wouldn't have happened if they could just give each other a little red arrow and keep it moving.

 

;-)

 

I'd neg you just for mentioning that again.

:biggrin:

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/09/2020 at 20:26, @owlstalk said:


 

Man on internet trying to sound knowledgable and important klaxon 
 

lol

 

 

Man on internet answering question put to a group of people with the expectation of answers.


Also amused by your spelling of: knowledgable 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Fingers crossed, with his own backroom staff an actual game plan and system and some youth, energy and pace this is now what we'll get weeek in and out. 

I'll admit I've never been a fan of monks, but last seaon was a totally different scenario for him and us, so let's see what the future holds. 

 

I'm not super optimistic yet, but my confidence is growing in monk. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/09/2020 at 08:50, Elderly Owl said:

You can only play as well as the opposition lets you play. Wednesday did well today.

 

Aye, we won, and the game plan worked.

All I'm saying is we're going to need other strings to our bow as that gameplan isn't one we can rely on every week.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...