Garry Monk

47 minutes ago, parajack said:

Jim there is NO crowds mate,no 'Kop' to kick towards,no roar of the crowd if we dont attack or score....your analysis is flawed mate.....Home or away,whats the difference? post Covid its a different dressing room mate,and a bit(or a lot) of travelling...thats it....Yes our home form was dire,no argument there,why? jurys out...lets see if monk sets up his team any different for home matches,personally(subject to who the opponents are,& who is available to pick) i dont think he will...

Anyway now the season has started,we wont have to wait long to see

Whether crowds or there or not it doesn’t affect how a team sets up. The away team will always more often than not say to the home side come and break us down and I feel that’s a problem we have when we get asked that question?

34 minutes ago, Jim said:

Whether crowds or there or not it doesn’t affect how a team sets up. The away team will always more often than not say to the home side come and break us down and I feel that’s a problem we have when we get asked that question?

Yes i agree in principle Jim,if pre Covid 19 behaviour is the same,we only differ on the degree of difficulty on answering that Q,and how the manager & players react...-12(now -9) of course also may see the owls adopt similar play home & away I do think crowds have an impact though mate

Edited by parajack

3 hours ago, parajack said:

His record isnt shocking after 40 odd games though is it? Bullen i believe started us off with 3 games was it?after Lord Sir 'Bruce' the saviour  ****ed off...monk took over under very limited circumstances,and coached the team to third in the Championship,pushing for an automatic promotion spot before the Xmas break...So for the first 25 games or so it was bang on target.

After Xmas,and for the second half of the season,27 games was it?something like that,we were in the main dire,and everyman and his dog agree's with that.We only differ  on the potential reasons why?

So would you like to correct yourself? His record as manager over the second half of the season,some 20+ games was shocking,but not the first 22 or 23 he was in charge....(course that lets the players off the hook,doesnt it? documenting it like that?) Got to laugh,we have the same old tired cliche's & arguments being rehashed,at the start of the new season,when we have 2 clean sheets, a win in the Cup,and a winning start to the season...says it all...

His record during his entire tenure was the worst in the past 15 years. That's bad enough. Please, don't come the whole high and mighty, fountain of all wisdom.

You aren't

There is nothing to correct. Over his games in charge. As a whole. He was dire.

Makes absolutely no difference where we started or what position we held,  it's where we finished.

You don't have to use bold to try and back up your words. We can all read.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

His record during his entire tenure was the worst in the past 15 years. That's bad enough. Please, don't come the whole high and mighty, fountain of all wisdom.

You aren't

There is nothing to correct. Over his games in charge. As a whole. He was dire.

Makes absolutely no difference where we started or what position we held,  it's where we finished.

You don't have to use bold to try and back up your words. We can all read.

You just cant handle someone challenging what you put,in my opinion,and(if you don't mind) i will decide for myself what i underline,or place bold on,not you..(underlining or 'bolding' words or sentences for emphasis,is an accepted written practice) Unless someones made you an admin & not told me?

Disagreeing with you,and saying why,doesn't make me 'all high & mighty fountain of wisdom'.Its someone not accepting your view is all.Last season is history,the only results under Monk that count started against Walsall in the Cup,& Cardiff yesterday...Show me one of your 'Monk out' posts from Xmas or before,to show your consistency of views...to show that over the season as you say you thought Monk was dire.?.fair q to ask i believe,if as you say you want others to accept your analysis of last season.Show me what you were saying when we third?

Edited by parajack
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, parajack said:

You just cant handle someone challenging what you put,in my opinion,and(if you don't mind) i will decide for myself what i underline,or place bold on,not you..(underlining or 'bolding' words or sentences for emphasis,is an accepted written practice) Unless someones made you an admin & not told me?

Disagreeing with you,and saying why,doesn't make me 'all high & mighty fountain of wisdom'.Its someone not accepting your view is all.Last season is history,the only results under Monk that count started against Walsall in the Cup,& Cardiff yesterday...Show me one of your 'Monk out' posts from Xmas or before,to show your consistency of views...to show that over the season as you say you thought Monk was dire.?.fair q to ask i believe,if as you say you want others to accept your analysis of last season.Show me what you were saying when we third?

You are going down this rather sad route that you went down a week or so ago with someone else. You seem to thrive on argument, and clearly believe you are intellectually better than others.

I'd stand back and take a look at what you're posting.
You refer back once again to me ( or anyone else for that matter ) showing you Monk out posts ? .....I never wanted him here in the first place.

And...as i stated, quite clearly.... Very clearly.   You take his WHOLE record.   The good, the bad and the ugly. Not just a few high or low points.

So, what I, and many people on here have also done, is look at his record.....  And what we do now, isthe same again. We will evaluate him and his team when

there are sufficient games played. We cannot evaluate a manager on one game alone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, cookeh said:

Job done today. But by no means is it a signal that we can deal with future challenges.

That's not logical.  It is absolutely a signal that we can deal with future challenges.  We faced a challenge and dealt with it.  Not proof positive, but a definite signal, surely?

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

You are going down this rather sad route that you went down a week or so ago with someone else. You seem to thrive on argument, and clearly believe you are intellectually better than others.

I'd stand back and take a look at what you're posting.
You refer back once again to me ( or anyone else for that matter ) showing you Monk out posts ? .....I never wanted him here in the first place.

And...as i stated, quite clearly.... Very clearly.   You take his WHOLE record.   The good, the bad and the ugly. Not just a few high or low points.

So, what I, and many people on here have also done, is look at his record.....  And what we do now, isthe same again. We will evaluate him and his team when

there are sufficient games played. We cannot evaluate a manager on one game alone.

I have a different opinion to you,thats it,not accepting your view to you,seems to amount to being 'intellectually superior...or argumentative..Why dont you.take a step back? Two wins,two clean sheets,some good progress on the field,both strikers score goals,signs of a plan being put into place by the manager,some good potential young exciting prospects moving into the team....And you continue posting about last season...Move on please...!!

Its a forum,i debate,so do you..you posted your views on monks time here,you made some leading statements of your own...i disagree completely,so posted accordingly..There my opinions and not personal in any way..Am i supposed to just agree with you?

Its nothing whatsoever to do with being intellectual or otherwise. You maintain monks entire time here was dire...i simply asked you to show me a post of yours when Wednesday were third,that you thought that....or even from when he arrived? Perfectly reasonable Q.That would show me that you were consistent in your views..if you do,you will be the first.

Your latest response is more measured,and i agree with you,we cant judge monk on 1 or 2 matches  you post with a passionate belief,so do I we just differ on views  WAWAW

Edited by parajack

54 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Even if we lose vs Rochdale (we won't) you'd still not be that worried if you knew what had happened last Christmas

Monk’s selection box from the players didn’t include a Mars bar so he blamed Westwood and Hutchinson for his failure to have the opportunity to Work, Rest and Play? Monkmanface

On 12/09/2020 at 20:26, @owlstalk said:

Man on internet trying to sound knowledgable and important klaxon 

lol

Man on internet answering question put to a group of people with the expectation of answers.

Also amused by your spelling of: knowledgable 

• Haha 1

Fingers crossed, with his own backroom staff an actual game plan and system and some youth, energy and pace this is now what we'll get weeek in and out. 

I'll admit I've never been a fan of monks, but last seaon was a totally different scenario for him and us, so let's see what the future holds. 

I'm not super optimistic yet, but my confidence is growing in monk. 

On 13/09/2020 at 08:50, Elderly Owl said:

You can only play as well as the opposition lets you play. Wednesday did well today.

Aye, we won, and the game plan worked.

All I'm saying is we're going to need other strings to our bow as that gameplan isn't one we can rely on every week.

19 hours ago, 1867tim said:

That's not logical.  It is absolutely a signal that we can deal with future challenges.  We faced a challenge and dealt with it.  Not proof positive, but a definite signal, surely?

Very happy for the win, don't get me wrong, but..

I'm looking at the way we played. It worked for that game, but it's not something that'll work every week.

There were periods, especially in the 2nd half, where we would have been better off keeping the ball, and taking more control of things. We didn't tho.

Instead we continue to launch it long and generally turned the ball over (tho Kachunga did some great solo work when he came on!)

If you look back at last season, Monk's early games were similar to this on. Very low possession, catching teams on the counter etc.

We got found out at xmas tho.. and it disintegrated even further after the break.

We need to show we can play another way else I fear we're just going to fall into the same trap as last season.. and with -12 that's not going to end well this time.

• Haha 2