Garry Monk

5 minutes ago, DSandersonOWL said:

I know what happened at Christmas.

The Messiah was born to the virgin Mary and Joseph !

Praise the Lord, but I always believed something happened at that Christmas party that didn’t make it to the newspapers, all under the bridge now though. New year, new season, new club. UTO. 

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Monk's always been the messiah

If you knew what happened at Christmas you'd be behind him 100%

I think our fans need to just get behind the team that's here right now.

Droning on constantly about the past just causes division. Not helpful.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Incorrect actually!

Jesus wasn't born at Christmas!

Have a look into it - for some bizarre reason we celebrate 25th December but he was born a long way from that!

It is true that the Messiah we are following was born on 6th March in bed, in Bedford, in Bedfordshire, which is a long way from Nazareth.  

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, parajack said:

Different ball game now though Jim,no crowds mate,home,away, the only difference is the travel & the changing room mate.Every game like a practice match,no noise or crowd to barrack the players and the ref,for bad decisions or silly mistakes...

And NO excuses for bad performances at home due to 'nerves' I dont actually think it will make much odds at all,home or away.Should work in our favour...I still think that if say we win the next 2 matches,we could do a Leeds

I know where you’re coming from mate but post-lockdown our home form didn’t really improve certainly with regards to results even though performances may have better in comparison to earlier on in the calendar year?

Big thing for me is can we get ourselves consistently into good situations like we did today and avoid the late capitulation?

Edited by Jim
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Monk's always been the messiah

If you knew what happened at Christmas you'd be behind him 100%

Don't leave us hanging then, what happened at Xmas. Too many sherries?

The wheels didn't completely fall off at Xmas, because although we lost 3 on the bounce after (and the Hull defeat was bad), arguably our best two results came straight after that - the win at Brighton on 4th January followed by the win at Leeds on the 11th Jan. 

Positives for me today.

We scored early

After we scored we didn't sit deep and try to see out the game.

We didn't spend all the first half asleep, passing it around the back line

We didn't lose concentration and let them back in with a late goal.

We scored from our chances rather than wasting them all.

It seems like a new dawn, it feels like a new day. I don't know if it will continue but it's a promising start. Not just because we won but because of the manner in which we won.

Onwards and upwards.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Exactly

If everyone knew what went off last Christmas they back Monk 100% without question

You seem to be thriving on causing division; banging on about the past and all the times Monk fell out with various players.

It helps no-one, least of all the team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Genuinely 100% believe in him mate - always have

He's honest, knows the issues, knew what to change, has made changes, has cleared the rubbish out, got rid of the Instagrammer generation, and is kicking on with his new coaching team, new players, new approach and new era

Long may he continue

For the sake of the club I hope you're right