Garry Monk

Still very very far from convinced.

At least I could see a gameplan today. And it worked out, tho it does feel like we caught Cardiff cold a bit. They were pretty poor, rather than us being amazing, i think.

The warning bell that's ringing is.. we couldn't keep the ball at all.

Yes, we were playing super direct pretty much all of the time, but at 2-0 we surely should be looking to control the game, rather than just carry on hoofing it long.

That we couldn't make that tactical change leaves me a little concerned that maybe we're not able to.

And how we played today won't work in every match, so.. we need more strings to the bow.

Job done today. But by no means is it a signal that we can deal with future challenges.

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Matt_1 said:

I do feel like there is something in the air down there.

Monk says it a lot - spirit, grit, determination, togetherness.

I am starting to believe in Monk. It feels like he gets he, he really knows how deep our issues are/were and is facing the challenge head on.

Great post..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Sheffield Wednesday fan in 'STOP POSTING POSITIVE STUFF ABOUT SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY' demand

be getting radiation burns off the faces (so RED will they be!!)of some of Monk out,conspiracy theorists on here,if these performances continue...

• Haha 1

Nope.

Why?

Because I know he's the right man, doing the right thing, sorting us out

I'm backing him 100% and know he's going to succeed

I still think he's got compromising photos of you Neil... 

Hope you're right though 

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Man on internet trying to sound knowledgable and important klaxon 

lol

Leeds lost 4-3 to the Premier League Champions today,what a ***** performance eh?...bet there fans are far from convinced,they lost!!  ....wait while the Owls string together 3 or 4 wins  ....I think Cookeh should have to do the 'Full Monty' round Owlerton dog track...if they do for such optimism

Edited by parajack
  • Like 1

Nope.

Why?

Because I know he's the right man, doing the right thing, sorting us out

I'm backing him 100% and know he's going to succeed

I’m all in on GM. He’s our man and I’ll follow all the way to the top. He’s been very patient. Now it’s time to  prove who the aitch -E-double hockey sticks we are. UTO. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jim said:

I would’ve taken a point today so I’m delighted with the three.

Still waiting to see if we can improve our wretched home form. This will be crucial in our fight to stay up.

Different ball game now though Jim,no crowds mate,home,away, the only difference is the travel & the changing room mate.Every game like a practice match,no noise or crowd to barrack the players and the ref,for bad decisions or silly mistakes...

And NO excuses for bad performances at home due to 'nerves' I dont actually think it will make much odds at all,home or away.Should work in our favour...I still think that if say we win the next 2 matches,we could do a Leeds

15 minutes ago, Sambo89 said:

I still think he's got compromising photos of you Neil... 

Hope you're right though 

Genuinely 100% believe in him mate - always have

He's honest, knows the issues, knew what to change, has made changes, has cleared the rubbish out, got rid of the Instagrammer generation, and is kicking on with his new coaching team, new players, new approach and new era

Long may he continue

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

Deafening isnt it?....the hammering anyone on here got if they even murmured that Monk needed a fair chance,and had the cojones to turn us around...He inherited a good team at the Swans & was sacked for being crap...never had any success wherever he has been...always falls out with every ****er 'cant man manager' & so on....if it wasnt for Covid 19,he would have gone last season...list is endless,,,,,,and now?

Cant wait for our next match,personally most optimistic & excited i have been since i had my first boner

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, parajack said:

Deafening isnt it?....the hammering anyone on here got if they even murmured that Monk needed a fair chance,and had the cojones to turn us around...He inherited a good team at the Swans & was sacked for being crap...never had any success wherever he has been...always falls out with every ****er 'cant man manager' & so on....if it wasnt for Covid 19,he would have gone last season...list is endless,,,,,,and now?

Cant wait for our next match,personally most optimistic & excited i have been since i had my first boner

It's genuinely the most exciting season in decades

Just a shame we can't get into see the games yet

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, DSandersonOWL said:

I know what happened at Christmas.

The Messiah was born to the virgin Mary and Joseph !

Incorrect actually!

Jesus wasn't born at Christmas!

Have a look into it - for some bizarre reason we celebrate 25th December but he was born a long way from that!

Owlstalk Shop