Jump to content

Recommended Posts

50 minutes ago, Mighty0wls said:

bit far it's first league game yes hes done well yes we should be positive but it's 1 game ffs

If we had lost, do you think the Monk haters would be saying it’s only first league game. 
Not having a pop at you by the way 

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

 

Nope.

Why?

Because I know he's the right man, doing the right thing, sorting us out

I'm backing him 100% and know he's going to succeed

Me too

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

If you knew the truth you'd be backing Monk 100% no question

 

What is the truth regarding our post-Christmas meltdown?

 

I've seen you allude to this a few times, but unless you share what you know with the rest of us we can't have open, informed discussions about it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of the crowd are on the pitch.....They were told they would like 'silly' in the midst of their hatefest...when the team started playing again...still get some people wanting Lee back,even after todays great performance & result...IF ONLY we had 'Fessi' & Hutch' too....loved the cars,perhaps huggy bear could play wingback?

Oh **** wrong Hutch!!!

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

 

Nope.

Why?

Because I know he's the right man, doing the right thing, sorting us out

I'm backing him 100% and know he's going to succeed

Was Mystic Meg your grandmother?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

This hopefully shows what a difference a new coaching team, some new faces in the team and a bit of a pre season makes, psychologically.

 

We did have performances like this at the end of last season and didn’t follow them up at home. But the more rigid defence is encouraging as for a time we were guaranteed to concede. In the past Monks teams have been organised 

 

Really like what Windass has to offer when half fit. Looks to have fire in his belly like he did at Rangers. The goal today typical of the ones he got there 

Edited by Bluesteel
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

 

 

Bet you're a RIGHT laugh at parties

I was responding to your outburst about “ haters “ no need to take the Micky out of me , lowering yourself aren’t you ? I love a laugh just as much as anyone so button it you don’t know me haha 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I do feel like there is something in the air down there.

 

Monk says it a lot - spirit, grit, determination, togetherness.

 

I am starting to believe in Monk. It feels like he gets he, he really knows how deep our issues are/were and is facing the challenge head on.

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I won’t get ahead of myself. But he’s been allowed to bring in his new backroom staff, we are fighting straight from the off and we’ve got some new faces in. 
 

I like what I saw today and the unity and togetherness coming from the staff and players.

 

Siege mentality. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The only reason for me that our belief in Monk faltered was the run after Christmas and the diabolical performances we put in . Every manager needs time , he has to be allowed to get his players and back room staff in then lets see where we go then .UTO 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Matt_1 said:

I do feel like there is something in the air down there.

 

Monk says it a lot - spirit, grit, determination, togetherness.

 

I am starting to believe in Monk. It feels like he gets he, he really knows how deep our issues are/were and is facing the challenge head on.

Monk grew in stature today.

Like Friar Tuck, having his staff is helping him!

Play-offs here we come !

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I would’ve taken a point today so I’m delighted with the three.

 

Still waiting to see if we can improve our wretched home form. This will be crucial in our fight to stay up.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

If we had lost, do you think the Monk haters would be saying it’s only first league game. 
Not having a pop at you by the way 

 

They would be equally silly then.

 

Its meaningless to make judgements after one game.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

 

They would be equally silly then.

 

Its meaningless to make judgements after one game.

The haters had made the judgement before a ball had been kicked, never mind one game.

Good start, against a strong Cardiff City that finished last season in the play offs. Not getting carried away but enjoying the result. 

Edited by Willow Owl
Error
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

I was responding to your outburst about “ haters “ no need to take the Micky out of me , lowering yourself aren’t you ? I love a laugh just as much as anyone so button it you don’t know me haha 

 

 

Like I say


Bet you're a RIGHT laugh at parties

 

lol

 


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...